- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Boost Your Business with WhatsApp Web: Tips and Tricks
In today’s digital age, businesses need to stay connected with their customers more than ever. One tool that has become essential for communication is WhatsApp, a popular messaging app used by millions of people worldwide. While most people are familiar with the mobile version of WhatsApp, not many are aware of its web counterpart, WhatsApp Web. In this article, we will explore how you can boost your business using WhatsApp Web and share some tips and tricks to get the most out of this powerful tool.
Introduction to WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp Web is a browser-based version of the mobile app that allows you to send and receive messages directly from your computer. It offers all the features of the mobile app, including text messaging, voice calls, video calls, file sharing, and more. The best part is that it syncs with your mobile device so you can seamlessly switch between devices without missing a beat.
Benefits of Using WhatsApp Web for Business
Increased Productivity: With WhatsApp Web, you can manage all your business communications from one central location – your computer. This eliminates the need to constantly switch between your phone and computer, saving you time and increasing efficiency.
Better Customer Service: WhatsApp Web allows you to respond to customer queries in real-time, providing prompt support and improving customer satisfaction. You can easily handle multiple conversations simultaneously without feeling overwhelmed.
Enhanced Collaboration: With its file-sharing feature, WhatsApp Web makes it easy for teams to collaborate on projects. You can quickly share documents, images, videos, or any other files with team members or clients without having to send them via email or other platforms.
Marketing Opportunities: Using WhatsApp Web as part of your marketing strategy opens up new avenues for reaching potential customers. You can create groups or broadcast lists to send updates about new products or promotions directly to interested individuals.
Tips for Maximizing WhatsApp Web’s Potential
Customize Your Profile: Make sure to set up a professional profile picture and status that represents your business. This will help build trust and credibility with your customers.
Utilize Labels and Filters: WhatsApp Web allows you to label and filter your conversations, making it easier to organize and prioritize messages. You can create labels based on different categories such as new leads, existing customers, or support inquiries.
Enable Desktop Notifications: To ensure you don’t miss any important messages, enable desktop notifications for WhatsApp Web. This way, you will receive alerts whenever a new message arrives.
Use Shortcuts for Quick Actions: Familiarize yourself with the keyboard shortcuts available in WhatsApp Web to perform actions more efficiently. For example, pressing “Ctrl + Shift + ]” will mark a conversation as read.
Best Practices for Using WhatsApp Web
Respect Privacy: When using WhatsApp Web for business purposes, always respect the privacy of your customers or clients. Only share sensitive information through private chats and make sure to follow data protection guidelines.
Maintain Professionalism: Just like any other communication channel, it’s important to maintain professionalism when interacting with customers on WhatsApp Web. Use proper grammar, avoid using slang or inappropriate language, and respond promptly.
Regularly Backup Conversations: To ensure you don’t lose any important information or conversations, regularly backup your chats on both your mobile device and WhatsApp Web.
Stay Updated with New Features: WhatsApp constantly updates its features to enhance user experience. Stay informed about new updates and features so you can take advantage of them in your business communication strategy.
WhatsApp Web is a powerful tool that can significantly boost your business’s communication capabilities if used effectively. By understanding its benefits and implementing the tips mentioned in this article, you can take full advantage of this platform to provide better customer service, increase productivity, and reach a wider audience. Embrace WhatsApp Web as part of your marketing and communication strategy, and watch your business thrive in the digital world.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- Today's Paper
- Most Popular
- Personal Tech
Rising Powers Challenge U.S. on Role in I.M.F.
By mark landler.
As world leaders gather this week, China and other rising powers are expected to seek a greater voice in global economic affairs.
- Times Topics: I.M.F.
For Peugeot Chief, History Repeats Itself
By david jolly.
Christian Streiff lasted just over two years as chief executive of PSA Peugeot Citroën — but the worst auto market in years set the stage for an acrimonious separation.
Wine Market Struggles to Adjust in New Era
What is a wine worth? That question will dog the connoisseurs gathering in Bordeaux this week to sample the 2008 vintage of the world’s finest wines.
Obama Will Face a Defiant World on Foreign Visit
By helene cooper.
Economic woes in the U.S. are emboldening allies and rivals as they question American power on multiple fronts.
- Week in Review: Anglo-American Capitalism on Trial
Japan’s Rice Farmers Fear Their Future Is Shrinking
By martin fackler.
As rice imports grow, an aging work force is struggling to eke out a living on tiny plots of land.
Bankers Pledge Cooperation With Obama
By eric dash.
The chief executives of the nation’s largest banks told President Obama on Friday that they were committed to helping spur an economic recovery.
Madoff’s London Office Accused of Role in Fraud
By landon thomas jr..
British authorities said that they were making progress in their investigation into whether workers in London helped Bernard L. Madoff carry out his Ponzi scheme.
Australia Blocks China’s Purchase of Mining Company
By bettina wassener.
Australia cited national security as the reason, but the move is likely to stoke concerns about rising protectionism.
Where Old Airplanes Go to Die
By caroline brothers.
At a windswept airport, the issues plaguing global aviation, from high oil prices to delays in new aircraft, are played out.
Friday Slide Is Not Enough to Stop 3rd Week of Gains
By the associated press.
Caution reasserted itself on Wall Street, sending stocks sharply lower but not enough to prevent the market from posting its third consecutive weekly advance.
- U.S. Consumer Spending Up Slightly
Clash of Subways and Car Culture in Chinese Cities
By keith bradsher.
Auto sales are jumping while immense subway systems are being built for commuters in China’s metropolises.
Hong Kong Billionaire Says It’s Time to Buy
Li Ka-Shing refuses to say whether the stock markets have bottomed out, though, and he advises against borrowing to invest.
Hurt by Economy, Europeans Vent Their Anger
By julia werdigier and matthew saltmarsh.
A former British banker’s home was vandalized and French workers barricaded a factory manager in his office, as the economic pain deepens and tempers flare.
Aided by Safety Nets, Europe Resists Stimulus Push
Rising fear of a future oil shock, battles over reform plan lie ahead, 2 executives leave a.i.g. french unit, i.r.s. to ease penalties for some offshore tax evaders, mitsubishi ufj and morgan stanley to merge japanese units, serbia receives $4 billion loan from the i.m.f., luxury-goods makers embrace sustainability, japan’s small exporters are hit hardest, european leader assails american stimulus plan, as chinese investment in africa drops, hope sinks, bank of east asia buys taiwan unit of a.i.g., fashion’s new and bigger role in india, i.m.f. announces financial rescue plan for romania, german retailer expected to buy music download firm, china explains rejection of coke’s bid for juice maker, weak pound pushes up prices in britain, world’s airlines are said to be facing heavy losses in ’09, europe cautious about any trade deal with korea, china urges new money reserve to replace dollar, nafta’s promise, unfulfilled, a tiny car is the stuff of 4-wheel dreams for millions of drivers in india, trade barriers rise as slump tightens grip, sweden says no to saving saab, business day headlines, from the past 7 days, world markets.
International Stock Indexes
High & low finance, the global recession, graded on a curve, by floyd norris.
The United States economy and stock market are doing quite well compared to those of other countries.
Backing Off of Guinea
As commodity prices drop and several African partners falter, China is backing away from some of its riskiest plans, seeking economic and political stability.
A French Oil Giant's Gamble in Yemen
French oil giant Total’s experience in Yemen shows just how far a company will go to develop new energy supplies.
- Related Article
INTERACTIVE MAP : Sparkling Spending for Fizzy Wines
Spending on sparkling wines in nearly every country increased in the last five years, particularly in East Asia, Eastern Europe and South America.
Reporter's Notebook: The Cars of Dubai
New York Times correspondent Robert F. Worth reports from Dubai where luxury cars — once the treasured spoils of economic success — are now being sold at auction as foreign workers lose their jobs.
- Laid-Off Foreigners Flee as Dubai Spirals Down
Chief sustainability officers , carbon footprints and more.
- Go to Green Inc. »
The Food Chain
New Challenges to Feeding the World
A special series examining the growing demands on, and changes in, the world’s production of food.
- Go to Complete Series »
Exclusive: Baidu placed AI chip order from Huawei in shift away from Nvidia
The order by one of China's leading AI firms adds to signs that US pressure is prompting Chinese acceptance of Huawei's products as an alternative to those of American chip giant Nvidia.
Growing Italy risk puts equities at deepest discount in 35 years
SoftBank's WeWork, once most valuable US startup, succumbs to bankruptcy
How Huawei plans to rival Nvidia in the AI chip business
China's imports unexpectedly grow
Exclusive: Cigna explores shedding Medicare Advantage business -sources
IMF upgrades China's 2023, 2024 GDP growth forecasts
Intel shelves planned chip operation expansion in Vietnam - source
Oil prices at 2-1/2 month lows as China data offset supply cuts
Shares lose steam as interest rate optimism fades
Italy judge seizes 780 mln euros from Airbnb in tax probe
UBS wins back wealthy clients as Credit Suisse takeover thrusts it in red
Exclusive: Meta bars political advertisers from using generative AI ads tools
Saudi Aramco net profit drops less than expected, shares inch up
German industrial output falls further than forecast in September
China lent $1.34 trln in 2000-2021, focus shifts from Belt and Road to rescue finance-report
Citigroup considering at least 10% job cuts in major businesses - CNBC
GM to halt production of Cruise driverless van
Large pickup trucks fare poorly in protecting rear seat passengers - study
The Hemi fades away as Stellantis electrifies its Ram trucks
UBS posts first quarterly loss since 2017 on Credit Suisse costs
UBS, Switzerland's largest bank, posted a larger-than-expected loss in the third quarter, marking its first quarterly drop since 2017. This downturn coincides with the bank's efforts to integrate Credit Suisse, following its acquisition of the ailing Swiss banking rival.
IMF upgrades China's 2023, 2024 GDP growth forecasts
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) raised its 2023 GDP growth forecast for China to 5.4% from 5% due to a "strong" post-COVID-19 recovery, but it expects the economy to slow to 4.6% in 2024. The upward revision follows China's approval of a $137 billion sovereign bond issue and measures to support the property market
China owed more than $1 trillion in Belt and Road debt: report
China is owed more than a trillion dollars through its Belt and Road project, making it the biggest debt collector in the world, a report said this week, with an estimated 80 percent of the loans supporting countries in financial distress. AidData, it added, "estimates that 80 percent of China's overseas lending portfolio in the developing world is currently supporting countries in financial distress".
China's exports extend slump in October: Data
October witnessed a drop in China's exports at a faster pace than expected. In a country, which is on the path to a sluggish domestic recovery, exports have been a key driver of growth. Data showed that the exports reading was much worse than the 3.5 percent drop forecast in a Bloomberg survey of economists.
View: It’s time for a single QR code for all the world’s payments
The major economies of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations — Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines — are linking their QRs for the 18 million intra-regional tourists who spend around $19 billion annually. Assuming that it is able to capture 15% to 20% of transactions, ASEAN QR would facilitate $4 billion in consumer expenditure and inspire the rest of the world, according to the Boston Consulting Group.
German giants pour over $500 million into Aleph Alpha
Aleph Alpha GmbH has raised more than $500 million from a number of industrial giants and financial investors. The start is competing against OpenAI and Google. Schwarz Group and the venture arm of Robert Bosch GmbH joined a group of seven new investors in the financing round, which included SAP SE and US software firm Hewlett Packard Enterprise, the company said in a statement on Monday.
Disney names PepsiCo veteran Hugh Johnston as CFO
Walt Disney has appointed Hugh Johnston, a PepsiCo veteran, as its new chief financial officer (CFO). Johnston, who serves on the boards of Microsoft and HCA Healthcare, will join Disney on December 4.
Citigroup considering at least 10% job cuts in major businesses, says CNBC
Citigroup's managers and consultants have reportedly discussed potential job cuts of at least 10% in several major business segments as part of CEO Jane Fraser's reorganization plan. Citigroup had previously announced plans for job cuts in a broad overhaul unveiled in September.
American Tower Corp books $322 mn goodwill impairment charge for India unit
American Tower Corp: The fair value of ATC’s India unit has dropped below its carrying amount in the September quarter, the Boston-based telecom tower company said in a filing to the US Securities and Exchange Commission. ATC continues to evaluate the carrying value of its Indian assets, which may result in realisation of additional impairment expenses or other similar charges.
Blackstone sees most Asia deal activity in India, Japan in 2024
Blackstone foresees India and Japan as its primary Asian markets in the coming year for capital allocation. The world’s largest alternative asset manager recently acquired a stake in two hospital chains in India. As for Japan, Blackstone is open to do deals in Japan that are anywhere from $300 million to more than $2 billion, and in sectors like IT, healthcare and consumer.
Israel-Hamas conflict: China, UAE take on U.S. on 'humanitarian' resolution...
After Delhi now Noida suspends physical classes due to poor air quality
Sensex dips 16 points, Nifty holds 19,400; Trent surges 9%
Rashmika Mandanna viral deepfake video row: Zara Patel says 'I had no invol...
Sanskrit in Saudi Arabia: Indian embassy in KSA hosts 'Samskritotsava' to p...
Telangana will make KCR CM for third time, says Asaduddin Owaisi
Terrorists and Naxals get emboldened whenever Congress comes to power: PM M...
Chhattisgarh Election 2023: PM Modi’s jibe amid Mahadev app row, says ‘Cong...
AAP ministers rally behind Arvind Kejriwal, vow to support him as Chief Min...
Mumbai: Western Railway to operate 17 new AC local trains from Virar to Chu...
'If Bhupesh Baghel joins BJP, Mahadev App will become har har Mahadev', say...
UN Chief on Israel-Gaza: 'Not humanitarian crisis, it is a crisis of humani...
Mahadev betting app row: PM Modi's jibe at CM Baghel, says 'CMO a gambling ...
Air Pollution: SC directs Punjab govt to stop stubble burning immediately
Watch: Priyanka Gandhi's hilarious reaction after getting an 'empty bouquet...
Bankers seek legal cover after backing $1.5 trillion of ESG debt
In the handful of years they've existed, sustainability-linked loans have mushroomed into a $1.5 trillion market. SLLs let borrowers and lenders say that a loan is tied to some environmental or social metric. But the documentation to back those claims generally isn't available to the public, nor is the market regulated. Lawyers advising SLL bankers say the reputational risks associated with mislabeling such products are now too big to ignore.
China Premier Li seeks to bolster his country's economic outlook at the Shanghai export fair
More than 200 Australian companies are being represented at the Shanghai fair. Albanese has signaled that Australia won't back China's bid to join the free trade agreement known as the 12-nation Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership, or the CPTPP, saying China did not live up to the proposed standards.
China sees more outflows of foreign direct investment than inflows: Report
The State Administration of Foreign Exchange released the figures in balance-of-payments data for the July-September quarter on Friday. FDI reached minus USD 11.8 billion, with more withdrawals and downsizing than new investments for factory building and other purposes. It is the first time that a negative figure has been marked in data since 1998, according to Nikkei Asia report.
Afghan farmers lose income of more than USD 1 billion after the Taliban banned poppy cultivation
Afghan farmers suffered over $1 billion income loss due to the Taliban's ban on poppy cultivation, a UN report showed. The ban, imposed in April 2022, caused a 95% drop in opium cultivation. This downturn has significant economic and humanitarian repercussions, affecting livelihoods and potentially leading to illegal activities like drug trafficking.
Tata Steel seeks financial aid for Netherlands unit; to submit decarbonization proposal to Dutch govt soon
Tata Steel, having secured funding in the UK, is now seeking financial assistance from the Dutch government for its decarbonization efforts. Tata Steel Netherlands will soon submit a detailed decarbonization proposal, and both parties will discuss project conditions for approval. The company aims to produce carbon-neutral steel in Europe by 2050.
Pakistan: Short-term inflation surges to 29.88% after rise in price of kitchen products
Short-term inflation in Pakistan has surged 29.88 per cent year on year in the week ending on November 2 due to the increasing prices of kitchen products, according to official data released on Friday, Dawn reported.
We've detected unusual activity from your computer network
To continue, please click the box below to let us know you're not a robot.
Why did this happen?
For inquiries related to this message please contact our support team and provide the reference ID below.
Daily check-ins: 0 /5 completed.
You must login to keep earning daily check-in points
REDEEM YOUR TIMES POINTS
Total redeemable TimesPoints
* TimesPoints expire in 1 year from the day of credit
Visit toi daily & earn times points.
Tue, Nov 07, 2023 | Updated 04.30PM IST
- Edit Profile
- My Subscription
- The Economic Times
- The Times Of India
- Maharashtra Times
- Epaper Preferences
International Business News
- Morgan Stanley
- Bank Holidays in November
- New Income tax slabs 2023-24
- Income tax calculator
- Business-International Business-2-geturl" target="_blank" hid="-21286806342">Baidu placed AI chip order from Huawei in shift away from Nvidia: Sources
- Business-International Business-3-geturl" target="_blank" hid="-21286806343">UBS posts first quarterly loss since 2017 on Credit Suisse costs
- Business-International Business-4-geturl" target="_blank" hid="-21286806344">98 per cent of China's development funding to Pakistan is in form of less-than-generous loans: Report
- Business-International Business-5-geturl" target="_blank" hid="-21286806345">SoftBank's WeWork, once most valuable US startup, succumbs to bankruptcy
- Business-International Business-6-geturl" target="_blank" hid="-21286806346">Elon Musk's X restructuring curtails disinformation research, spurs legal fears
- Business-International Business-7-geturl" hid="-21286806347">Bumble shares drop as founder Wolfe Herd to relinquish CEO role
- Business-International Business-8-geturl" hid="-21286806348">Citigroup's "Project Bora Bora" to result in 10% workforce reduction
- Business-International Business-9-geturl" hid="-21286806349">PepsiCo CFO Hugh Johnston joins Disney to tackle streaming losses and investor pressure
- Business-International Business-10-geturl" hid="-212868063410">EU asks Alibaba's AliExpress for information on illegal products sold on its platform
- Business-International Business-11-geturl" hid="-212868063411">Oil rises by 1% as Saudi Arabia, Russia stick to cuts
- Business-International Business-12-geturl" hid="-212868063412">China's Trina Solar plans $420 million expansion in Vietnam
- Business-International Business-13-geturl" hid="-212868063413">Oil ticks upwards after Saudi Arabia, Russia stick to output cuts
- Business-International Business-14-geturl" hid="-212868063414">China's first deficit in foreign investment signals West's 'de-risking' pressure
- Business-International Business-15-geturl" hid="-212868063415">William Lewis named as new publisher and CEO of Washington Post
- Business-International Business-16-geturl" hid="-212868063416">South Korea to ban all stock short-selling through June 2024
- Business-International Business-17-geturl" hid="-212868063417">China to accelerate issuance of government bonds, finance minister says
- Business-International Business-18-geturl" hid="-212868063418">Warren Buffett’s cash hits record $157 billion amid scarce deals
- Business-International Business-19-geturl" hid="-212868063419">Warren Buffett's firm reports $12.8 billion loss as investments fall but its insurers performed well
- Business-International Business-20-geturl" hid="-212868063420">China investigates former top bank official for suspected corruption
- Business-International Business-21-geturl" hid="-212868063421">'There'll be a point where no job is needed... AI will do all'
- Business-International Business-22-geturl" hid="-212868063422">US House easily passes bill to harden sanctions on Iranian oil
- Business-International Business-23-geturl" hid="-212868063423">Oil heads for weekly loss as geopolitical risk premium wanes
- Business-International Business-24-geturl" hid="-212868063424">US employers pulled back on hiring in October, adding 150,000 jobs in face of higher borrowing rates
- Business-International Business-25-geturl" hid="-212868063425">Shipping company Maersk to slash 10,000 jobs, citing the difficult container trade environment
- Business-International Business-26-geturl" hid="-212868063426">How a single tweet from Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao led to collapse of FTX & conviction of Sam Bankman-Fried
- Business-International Business-27-geturl" hid="-212868063427">Kakao faces growing regulatory risks as political scrutiny rises
- Business-International Business-28-geturl" hid="-212868063428">Global finance chiefs to face tougher China questions at Hong Kong summit
- Business-International Business-29-geturl" hid="-212868063429">Ex-crypto mogul Sam Bankman-Fried convicted of defrauding FTX customers
- Business-International Business-30-geturl" hid="-212868063430">Apple’s sales drop slightly while profit is up 11%
- Business-International Business-31-geturl" hid="-212868063431">AI safety summit: Kamala Harris, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Elon Musk attend the event
- Business-International Business-32-geturl" hid="-212868063432">Vivid blue diamond could sell for $50 million at Christie's auction
- Business-International Business-33-geturl" hid="-212868063433">Google and Microsoft bet on 27-year-old Stanford alum to make AI work for a billion users
- Business-International Business-34-geturl" hid="-212868063434">Italy's government seeks restaurant bill discounts for large families
- Business-International Business-35-geturl" hid="-212868063435">Taiwan probes Foxconn founder over toilet paper campaign bribes
- Business-International Business-36-geturl" hid="-212868063436">Bank of England keeps main UK interest rate unchanged at 15-year high of 5.25 per cent
- Business-International Business-37-geturl" hid="-212868063437">How a wider West Asia war will affect the world economy
- Business-International Business-38-geturl" hid="-212868063438">Billionaire targeted by Hindenburg emerges richer and unbowed
- Business-International Business-39-geturl" hid="-212868063439">India, 27 other nations and EU sign first international declaration to address AI risks
- Business-International Business-40-geturl" hid="-212868063440">Jerome Powell hints US Fed is done with rate hikes
- Business-International Business-41-geturl" hid="-212868063441">On October 27, CERT-In warned Apple users of ‘multiple vulnerabilities’
- Business-International Business-42-geturl" hid="-212868063442">6 Indian banks win $2bn case against GVK in London HC
- Business-International Business-43-geturl" hid="-212868063443">Disney to complete takeover of Hulu with $8.6 bn deal
- Business-International Business-44-geturl" hid="-212868063444">'Autopilot would have saved driver': Elon musk responds to verdict
- Business-International Business-45-geturl" hid="-212868063445">Thomson Reuters' third-quarter profit beats estimates
- Business-International Business-46-geturl" hid="-212868063446">Consumers in Pakistan to pay gas tariff hike from July
- Business-International Business-47-geturl" hid="-212868063447">China firm launches stock indices to tap into rush for safe-haven gold
- Business-International Business-48-geturl" hid="-212868063448">WeWork plans to file for bankruptcy, WSJ reports
- Business-International Business-49-geturl" hid="-212868063449">X says it is worth $19 billion, down from $44 billion last year
- Business-International Business-50-geturl" hid="-212868063450">Why is Carlsberg stopping production in Russia
- IN THIS SECTION
- ENTIRE WEBSITE
- Warren Buffett’s cash hits record $157 billion amid scarce deals
- South Korea to ban all stock short-selling through June 2024
- Warren Buffett's firm reports $12.8 billion loss as investments fall but its insurers performed well
- 98 per cent of China's development funding to Pakistan is in form of less-than-generous loans: Report
- Absconding PFI member arrested for RSS leader's murder in Kerala
- For Pakistan to find way out, nobody reaches difficult situation without cause: EAM Jaishankar
- Mehbooba Mufti blames BJP for Chinese 'transgression' in Arunachal
- Beijing confirms Chinese casualties in Myanmar clashes
- Netanyahu says Israel will have an 'overall security' role in Gaza indefinitely
- Indiana woman crashes car 'on purpose' into 'Jewish school': Police
- Zydus Lifesciences posts 53.3% jump in quarterly profit
- Xpressbees gets USD 80 million investment from Teachers' Venture Growth
- Lenders in US cannot discriminate based on immigration status
- Nikkhil desires to work with SRK again
- Usha Uthup: I was unaware of what paneer was until my singing career exposed me to these culinary delights—Exclusive
- When Salman got injured on the sets of Tiger 3
Life & Style News
- 10 famous Krishna temples from across India
- “Doctor” Hanuman temple where incurable diseases are cured
- Health benefits of walking backward
- Indian-American Sally Grimes appointed as CEO of Diageo North America
- Indian diaspora can build bridges between various countries and India, says executive director of Indiaspora
- 'We are building a stronger pipeline of students from India'
- CAT prep strategy: Top tips to prepare for Algebra in Quantitative Aptitude
- CAT exam preparation: Here are the most top scoring sections of this management entrance test
- CAT 2023: 10 Tips to Prepare for Logical Reasoning Questions
- Pooja on missing Anupam Shyam on Pratigya sets
- Reasons why Yeh Rishta has become stretchy
- Bigg Boss 15's Ieshaan-Miesha 's love story
- Epic vs Google: Fortnite-maker says Google pays rivals to stay out of Play Store competition
- There needs to be increased focus on reskilling and upskilling the existing workforce for an increasingly AI-driven job market: Shruti Bhatia of Microsoft India
- Wipro email to employees makes working from office three days in a week compulsory
Like what you see?
Keep up with the latest by following us on
and subscribe to our
- Budget 2023
- Cryptocurrency News
- ITR Filing Last Date
- Sensex Today
- Income Tax Calculator
- Stock Market
- Savings Growth Calculator
- Income Tax Slabs
- Mutual Funds
- Banking Services
- Aadhaar Card
- Credit Card News
- Mukesh Ambani
- Indian Bank Ifsc code
- IDBI Ifsc code
- Indusind ifsc code
- Yes Bank Ifsc Code
Cookies on FT Sites
- Israel-Hamas war
- Global Economy
- Asia Pacific
- Emerging Markets
- War in Ukraine
- Middle East & North Africa
- Work & Careers
- Life & Arts
Add to myFT Digest
Add this topic to your myFT Digest for news straight to your inbox
Lead story in World
Move to retain ‘overall security responsibility’ aims to ensure Palestinian territory cannot be dominated by Hamas
Morawiecki unlikely to succeed without overall majority but President Duda’s move is set to delay anticipated return of Tusk
Deal reflects European effort to build capacity for independent launches into space
Move puts central bank out of step with most global peers
Party strategists and commentators trade barbs over whether US president should drop re-election bid
Giorgia Meloni and Edi Rama sign agreement to outsource Italian asylum process
Opinion & Analysis
More than 200,000 people have been told to return to a country in grip of humanitarian crisis
Former US president spurns conventional legal wisdom and turns Manhattan trial into another campaign stop
Joko Widodo questions west’s ‘commitment’ to helping developing countries cut climate emissions
Voter support for illiberal AUR is growing ahead of elections next year
Dependence on supplies from Moscow-controlled Rosatom also threatens climate goals, official warns
Most Read: World
- Trump delivers heated testimony in New York civil fraud trial
- ‘Dead man walking’: How Yahya Sinwar deceived Israel for decades
- Israeli businesses buckle as war hits economy
- Trump leads in 2024 polls as fears over war and economy hurt Biden
- ‘It’s called politics’: Trump puts on a combative show in court testimony
Kantar’s figures suggest official statistics will be lower when published next week
Also in today’s newsletter, Netanyahu says Israel to maintain security in Gaza indefinitely and ChatGPT reveals app plans
From fashion to food, Hebridean style is tastier than ever
Ukrainian president fires head of special forces and rebukes top commander who said war with Russia was at a ‘stalemate’
Robert Darnton digs deep into 18th-century France to find the roots of the political unrest that culminated in 1789
A summary of the main events, FT analysis, comment and features
Beijing officials express optimism but analysts say weak export data shows recovery remains fragile
Non-UK tuition fees are crucial but growing numbers of undergraduates haven’t been matched by accommodation
Mortgage provider attributes slight rise to scarcity of supply
Also in this newsletter: Moldova’s ruling party scores mixed result in local elections clouded by Russian meddling
DouYu chief executive’s troubles come after authorities find pornography on streaming platform
US follows Europe and Australia in mandating easy sharing of financial data
US tech companies YouTube and Meta can expect to achieve rapid growth in video revenues, say analysts
This second annual FT-Nikkei Investing in America ranking is an updated snapshot of the best US cities for foreign multinationals to do business in. This report looks at how overseas investors are responding to new incentives and how the winning cities are pulling in more deals
Restrictions imposed over national security concerns have taken their toll on US communities dependent on foreign-owned projects
Number 18 on the FT-Nikkei Investing in America list is putting in work
Plus, the shareholder battle at Telecom Italia heats up and management consultants tighten their purse strings
Legitimate security concerns should not drive self-defeating curbs on Chinese-born researchers
Under pressure after a string of damning polls, the US president is resting his hopes for re-election on his personal economic blueprint
Cratediggers of the world — make for the Danish capital. It’s one of Europe’s best spots for rooting out rare grooves
On-demand fashion group looks to convince Washington about its labour and sustainability record
The Texan city has become a hub for green energy innovation by building on its hydrocarbon past
We have made significant changes to the methodology to reflect investor preferences
Concern over belligerence from China has refocused attention on the importance of the US market
- Business Today
- India Today
- India Today Gaming
- Harper's Bazaar
- Brides Today
- Aajtak Campus
- Magazine Cover Story Editor's Note Deep Dive Interview The Buzz
- BT TV Market Today Easynomics Drive Today BT Explainer
- Market Today Indices Trending Stocks Stocks List Stocks News Share Market News IPO Corner
- Tech Today Unbox Today Authen Tech Tech Deck Tech Shorts
- Money Today Tax Investment Insurance Tools & Calculator
- Mutual Funds
- Industry Banking IT Auto Energy Commodities Pharma Real Estate Telecom
- Visual Stories
- Cover Story
- Editor's Note
- Market Today
- Drive Today
- BT Explainer
- Trending Stocks
- Stocks List
- Stocks News
- Share Market News
- Unbox Today
- Authen Tech
- Tech Shorts
- Tools & Calculator
- Real Estate
- ICC World Cup
- BT-TR GCC Listing
UBS reports quarterly loss of $785 million; first since 2017 amid Credit Suisse merger
Sergio Ermotti, the Chief Executive, stated, "We are executing on the integration of Credit Suisse at pace and have delivered underlying profitability for the Group in the first full quarter since the acquisition."
Israel-Hamas war: Will offer 'real future' to people of Gaza, says Benjamin Netanyahu
Israel-Hamas war news: Since Hamas' attack on October 7 that killed 1,400 Israelis and seized more than 240 hostages, Tel Aviv has attacked the Gaza Strip from air and launched a ground assault
Japan service activity posts slowest growth this year - PMI
The final au Jibun Bank Service purchasing managers' index (PMI) fell to 51.6 in October from 53.8 in September, beset by weak demand.
Just 4% of top companies meet UN climate target guidelines, study says
Net Zero Tracker, an independent data consortium including Oxford University, said corporate targets from Forbes2000 index companies had jumped 40% to 1,003 in October 2023, from 702 in June 2022, covering two-thirds of revenues, some $27 trillion.
Bank of Japan members saw no need for new yield control tweaks, September minutes show
Board members shared the view that long term interest rates were moving in line with its market operation policy following the central bank's decision in July to make yield control more flexible, the minutes from the September meeting said.
Israeli military divides Gaza Strip into two; says now there is 'north Gaza and south Gaza'
Israel-Hamas war: The Israeli military called it a significant stage in Israel’s war against Hamas that attacked the country on October 7, killing 1,400 people.
Formula 1: Red Bull's Max Verstappen wins Sao Paulo Grand Prix for record-extending 17th F1 win
With this win, Verstappen's career victory tally now stands at 52. He had already clinched the championship title in Qatar the previous month, and Red Bull secured the constructors' title as well.
Israeli minister says dropping atomic bomb on Gaza 'an option’, Netanyahu reacts
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu slammed Eliyahu's remarks, saying they are "not based in reality."
'Why has Dept of Defense never passed an audit?': Vivek Ramaswamy's latest salvo against US federal system
Vivek Ramaswamy has questioned why the Department of Defense remains the only US federal agency that has never completed or passed an audit.
Terrorist attack at Pakistan Air Force Base in Mianwali, 3 shot dead by forces
Several 'suicide bombers' reportedly attacked a Pakistan Air Force Base in Mianwali in Punjab on Saturday. As per the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), three terrorists were killed in the retaliatory firing
At NY trial, Eric and Donald Trump Jr say they were not aware of fraud
Eric Trump said he was not even aware of the financial statements that were used to secure loans and insurance that allowed the company to keep functioning.
Elon Musk asks court to reject SEC's bid to make him testify in Twitter probe
The SEC has said it was investigating Musk's 2022 purchases of Twitter stock and his statements and SEC filings relating to Twitter -- which Musk subsequently renamed X -- and that Musk had refused to attend a September interview for the probe.
Israel says it has encircled Gaza City
Israeli forces on Thursday encircled Gaza City - the Gaza Strip's main city - in their assault on Hamas, the military said, but the Palestinian militant group resisted their drive with hit-and-run attacks from underground tunnels
Gaza says Israel's strikes on refugee camp kill more than 195 people
More foreign nationals prepared to leave the besieged Gaza Strip on Thursday as the enclave's Hamas-run government said at least 195 Palestinians died in Israel's attacks on the Jabalia refugee camp, strikes that U.N. human rights officials said could be war crimes
‘Just reacted’: Attacker’s chilling confession after stabbing Indian student in US, condition critical
The assailant was apprehended and currently facing charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and attempted murder.
‘Remarkable act of restraint’: Pulitzer winner Thomas Friedman compares India’s 26/11 response to Israel’s on Hamas
Thomas Friedman highlighted that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s plan to “wipe out” Hamas has inflicted triple the number of civilian casualties and “caused far more destruction in Gaza than Israel suffered”.
Israel-Palestine war: IDF bombards Gaza's biggest refugee camp, kills key Hamas commander
Israel-Hamas war news: Israel's defence forces have been active in Gaza for around four days following weeks of air bombardments as retaliation for the October 7 attacks.
Israeli military jets strike Gaza camp, says Hamas commander killed
Israeli airstrikes hit a densely populated refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, killing at least 50 Palestinians and a Hamas commander, and medics struggled to treat the casualties, even setting up operating rooms in hospital corridors
China's Alibaba, Baidu remove 'Israel' name from digital maps days after Beijing votes for ceasefire in Gaza
Israel is currently at war with the Palestinian militant organisation, Hamas. The militant group is backed by Qatar and Iran, which enjoys good relations with Beijing partly because of their common adversary, the United States.
'Remarkable restraint after 26/11': US author praises Manmohan Singh amid Israel-Hamas war
Friedman wants Israel to finish the Palestinian militant organisation Hamas but is against the ground invasion of Gaza, which is densely populated and is home to two million Palestinians.
After Sri Lanka, Thailand announces visa-free entry for Indian tourists from Nov 10
Thailand is the second country to announce visa waivers for Indian globetrotters
- Advertise with us
- Terms and Conditions
- Press Releases
Copyright©2023 Living Media India Limited. For reprint rights: Syndications Today
Add Business Today to Home Screen