Connect with Us
Looking for product information or have a few questions for our team? Contact us today!
Excellerant CNC Machine Monitoring & IIoT Platform
SOLIDWORKS Large Assembly Service
Why TriMech Staffing?
New TriMech Enterprise Solutions Website
Join Our Team
See All the Current Job Postings Available from TriMech
- Best Sellers
- Parts and Consumables
- Ask a TriMech Expert
- SOLIDWORKS 2023
- Business Automation
- Data Management
- DoD / Government Services
- 3D Printing & Manufacturing
- 3D Printing
- Enter Classroom
- Engineering Staffing Solutions
- TriMech Staffing Services Job Portal
- Careers with TriMech
- Our Company
- Become a TriMech Business Partner
- News & Promotions
- Newsletter Subscription
- TriMech 3DEXPERIENCE Solutions
- TriMech Advanced Manufacturing Services
- TriMech Enterprise Solutions
Learn the basics of how to create SOLIDWORKS Parts, Assemblies and Production Drawings. Cost Per Seat: Request Quote Prerequisites: Mechanical Design Experience | Experience with Microsoft OS | Introduction to SOLIDWORKS Tutorial (recommended)
What You Will Learn
- Multi-contour Sketching
- Reference Geometry Creation
- Design Intent
- Feature Creation
- Parent Child Relationships
Why take the course?
By quickly getting up to speed, as well as using best modeling practices, the SOLIDWORKS Essentials course ultimately ensures maximum efficiency and productivity for all SOLIDWORKS users.
New CAD users, seasoned users of other CAD systems and veteran SOLIDWORKS users can all benefit from Essentials training.
Real life case studies are used to illustrate processes, teaching everything you need to know for building parametric models of parts and assemblies, and making drawings of those parts and assemblies.
About This Class
Need hard and fast answers right away? Connect with one of our live chat assistants.
Do you have a more complex query? Send us an email.
Want to talk it out? Speak with one of our team members.
Item is not available for online purchase in all regions.
Enter your zipcode to check for availablility.
- This item is not available for purchase online. Please fill out this form and a sales representative will reach out to you as soon as possible.
- First Name *
- Last Name *
- Country * United States Canada Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos Islands Colombia Comoros Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Curaçao Cyprus Czech Republic Côte d'Ivoire Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Eswatini (Swaziland) Ethiopia Falkland Islands Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard and McDonald Islands Holy See Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island North Korea Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestine, State of Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Romania Russia Rwanda Réunion Saint Barthélemy Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Martin Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Sint Maarten Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia South Korea South Sudan Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu US Minor Outlying Islands Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Åland Islands
- State / Province * Alabama Alaska Alberta Arizona Arkansas Armed Forces Americas Armed Forces Europe Armed Forces Pacific British Columbia California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Manitoba Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Brunswick New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York Newfoundland and Labrador North Carolina North Dakota Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ohio Oklahoma Ontario Oregon Pennsylvania Prince Edward Island Quebec Rhode Island Saskatchewan South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Yukon
- Zip / Postal Code *
- Learning Resources
- Subscription Services
The Learn tab lets you access instructional resources to help you learn more about the SOLIDWORKS software.
When you install the software, if you do not install the Help Files or Example Files , the Tutorials and Samples links are unavailable.
Provide feedback on this topic
SOLIDWORKS welcomes your feedback concerning the presentation, accuracy, and thoroughness of the documentation. Use the form below to send your comments and suggestions about this topic directly to our documentation team. The documentation team cannot answer technical support questions. Click here for information about technical support .
Thank you for your comments. We will contact you if we have questions regarding your feedback.
Sincerely, The SOLIDWORKS Documentation Team
Select the scope of content to print:
We have detected you are using a browser version older than Internet Explorer 7. For optimized display, we suggest upgrading your browser to Internet Explorer 7 or newer.
Web Help Content Version: SOLIDWORKS 2021 SP05 To disable Web help from within SOLIDWORKS and use local help instead, click Help > Use SOLIDWORKS Web Help . To report problems encountered with the Web help interface and search, contact your local support representative. To provide feedback on individual help topics, use the “Feedback on this topic” link on the individual topic page.
You are using a web browser or a browser version not supported by this website! This means that some functions may not work as expected.
Use or upgrade/install one of the following browser to take full advantage of this site
Internet Explorer 9 and above Upgrade Now
Google Chrome Download/Install Chrome
Mozilla Firefox Download/Install Firefox
- My Training
- Training Manuals
- My Reseller
- Try SOLIDWORKS
Remove learning path, remove ecourse.
Thank you for your feedback!
Your comment has been submitted and will be reviewed by the MySolidWorks team.
Log in to continue
Signing up for a solidworks id.
Three steps to create your account
- Create your SOLIDWORKS ID.
- Activate your account by clicking a validation link sent to your email.
- Return here to log in.
Log in with your SOLIDWORKS ID
If not, create your ID now.
If not, take a moment to do it now.
- Ready to log in?
Your SOLIDWORKS ID is your 3D EXPERIENCE ID
- Important: Use the same email address so we know it is you.
- Use your SOLIDWORKS ID password.
Some people might need to:
- Create a new password for 3D EXPERIENCE.
- Create a new 3D EXPERIENCE ID using your SOLIDWORKS ID email address.
Learn more about SOLIDWORKS and 3D EXPERIENCE IDs.
Just create your 3DEXPERIENCE log in so you can join other SOLIDWORKS users to get training, 3D models, access to resellers, and share your knowledge.
Watch Video #1-3 | SOLIDWORKS Chopper course
In these free SOLIDWORKS videos, we will start modeling an incredible American Chopper in SOLIDWORKS. This step-by-step video course will increase your solid- and surface modeling skills in an efficient…
Attend Free SOLIDWORKS Workshop
In this free SOLIDWORKS workshop, Jan is going to show you how to become a SOLIDWORKS Pro in days (not years) without boring practice, expensive training classes, or any pointless…
Watch Video #1-3 | SOLIDWORKS Boeing 747 course
In video #1-3 of the SOLIDWORKS Boeing 747 video course, we will start modeling a Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental in SOLIDWORKS. This step-by-step video course will increase your solid- and surface…
Download eBook #1-3 | SOLIDWORKS Aston Martin tutorial
In those free SOLIDWORKS car modeling eBooks, we will start modeling an incredible Aston Martin One-77 in SOLIDWORKS. This step-by-step tutorial will increase your surface modeling skills in an efficient…
Download eBook #1-3 | SOLIDWORKS Tesla Roadster tutorial
In these free SOLIDWORKS car modeling eBooks, we will start modeling an incredible Tesla Roadster in SOLIDWORKS. This step-by-step tutorial will increase your surface modeling skills in an efficient…
Download eBook #1-3 | SOLIDWORKS SuperYacht tutorial
In those free SOLIDWORKS SuperYacht eBooks, we will start modeling a stunning 108 ft. Sunseeker Predator SuperYacht in SOLIDWORKS. In this free eBook, you will learn SOLIDWORKS in an efficient…
10 Ways to Make Money with SOLIDWORKS
As a visitor to this website, you probably know that SOLIDWORKS is a powerful tool used by designers, engineers, and manufacturers for creating 3D designs and models. But did you…
The Benefits of Learning SOLIDWORKS for Your Career
SOLIDWORKS is a powerful 3D computer-aided design (CAD) software used by engineers, designers, and manufacturers worldwide. With SOLIDWORKS, you can design and create 3D models of products, parts, and assemblies…
SOLIDWORKS vs. Other CAD Software: Which One Should You Learn?
SOLIDWORKS is one of the most popular computer-aided design (CAD) software used by engineers and designers to create 3D models, assemblies, and drawings. However, there are many other CAD software…
How to model a Mobius Pendant in SOLIDWORKS?
I’ve created a new tutorial for you. In this 15-minute video, I am going to show you how to model a beautiful Mobius Pendant in SOLIDWORKS. During the lesson, various…
How to model Sports Glasses in SOLIDWORKS? 🕶 [60-minute Surface Modeling Masterclass by Jan]
In today’s free 60-minute SOLIDWORKS Surface Modeling Masterclass, you will discover how to model these Sports Glasses in SOLIDWORKS. This video is the perfect starting point to learn more about…
How to model a One Piece Chair in SOLIDWORKS?
In today’s SOLIDWORKS lesson, I am going to show you how to model a beautiful One Piece Chair in SOLIDWORKS. We will use a single 2D sketch that serves as…
How to edit the AUTO-RECOVER and BACKUP options in SOLIDWORKS?
When you are working on a (large) SOLIDWORKS model it can be very annoying when SOLIDWORKS automatically saves your work every minute… On the other hand, it can ALSO be…
How to change the Document Units in SOLIDWORKS? (in just a few clicks!)
In today’s short video I will show you how to change the Document Units in SOLIDWORKS in just a few clicks. You will also learn how to change the decimals…
How to Measure a Volume in SOLIDWORKS?
Last week I showed you how to model and render a double-walled glass in SOLIDWORKS. Several people have asked me how to calculate the volume of the liquid inside the…
How to Model & Render a Double Walled Glass in SOLIDWORKS?
A regular coffee glass or cup has a handle to prevent you from risking burns. That’s why a normal glass is not suitable for hot coffee. The Danish company Bodum…
Smart Fasteners | Adding Bolts & Nuts in SOLIDWORKS in just a few clicks…
If you regularly work with SOLIDWORKS, you know that it can be very time-consuming to add nuts and bolts in your SOLIDWORKS assemblies… But did you know that there is…
How to model a Lemon Squeezer in SOLIDWORKS? 🍋
A couple of years ago I developed a SOLIDWORKS tutorial about the Juicy Salif, an amazing citrus squeezer designed for Alessi by Philippe Starck. Today we want to show you…
How to Measure the Weight of an object in SOLIDWORKS?
I recently got a question about how to determine the weight of an object in SOLIDWORKS. That’s why I decided to record a short video to cover this topic. In…
We are HIRING! (Engineers in the Netherlands wanted)
Next to LearnSOLIDWORKS.com I “practice what I preach” as a Lead Product Designer for TSG Group, a Dutch design & engineering company in Eindhoven and Geleen, the Netherlands. We design, develop…
How to model a Ceramic Vase in SOLIDWORKS?
We’ve all seen them, beautiful vases with amazing organic shapes. Maybe you’re wondering if these kinds of shapes can be modeled in SOLIDWORKS. This is exactly what we are going…
[VIDEO 1/4] How to model a Rose in SOLIDWORKS?
To celebrate Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be nice to share this SOLIDWORKS rose tutorial with you. 🌹 Most roses will die in a couple of weeks but this…
How to make a Pack and Go in SOLIDWORKS?
In this short video, you will discover how to make a Pack and Go of an assembly SOLIDWORKS. I often receive SOLIDWORKS assemblies through email. It struck me that most…
How to Measure a Surface Area in SOLIDWORKS?
In this short video, you will discover how to measure a surface area in SOLIDWORKS. To measure a surface area in SOLIDWORKS, you will need the Measure tool. The measure…
How to Measure a Length in SOLIDWORKS?
In this video, you will discover how to measure a length in SOLIDWORKS. To measure a length in SOLIDWORKS, you will need the Measure tool. The measure tool can be…
Free SOLIDWORKS Workshop
It doesn’t need to take years to learn how to model (complex) products in SOLIDWORKS. You don’t need to labor over boring theory. Learning SOLIDWORKS can be faster, more fun, and easier than you thought.
Because I teach SOLIDWORKS by modeling real products such as an incredible Aston Martin, a 108 ft. SuperYacht, an American Chopper, and even an entire Boeing 747-8!
Click here to attend my free SOLIDWORKS Workshop!
Zuyderduyn Design Goes The Netherlands
KvK: 32154295 VAT-ID: NL001103448B95
[email protected] www.learnsolidworks.com
- Privacy Overview
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- 3rd Party Cookies
- Cookies Policy
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
This website uses Facebook to see which products you are viewing on our website. This way we can show you relevant advertisements on Facebook. Without these cookies we can’t send you custom offers and discount coupons on Facebook.
This cookie is coming from Facebook and will be saved for max 2 years.
Names: lu, xs, s, presence, act, c_user, csm, p, fr, datr
Facebook doesn’t share your information with 3th parties. Privacy statement
This website uses YouTube to display our SolidWorks video tutorials. Without these cookies we can’t send show you our free SolidWorks tutorials.
This cookie is coming from YouTube and will be saved for max 7 months.
Names: VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and YSC
YouTube does share anonymous information with 3th parties. Privacy statement
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
More information about our Cookies Policy
Enter your email address below to have a password reset request emailed to you. Follow the instructions to reset your password.
Create learner account
5 Steps To Learn SOLIDWORKS From Scratch To Expert Level
- Find your skills
- Become an instructor
- High-income skills
Explore more than 500+ high-income skills with highly motivated tutors
Like this post? Share with your friends
If you’re looking to learn SOLIDWORKS from scratch to expert level, you will need to figure out the best way to learn SOLIDWORKS for beginners that match your budget and timeframe. For example, you may be able to learn SOLIDWORKS online free, or you may need to take a SOLIDWORKS online course with a certificate to prove you understand the program for your next job offer; you may even be asking yourself, “Can I Learn SOLIDWORKS near me?”
This article provides all the answers you could ever need on how to learn SOLIDWORKS from scratch to expert level through whatever method works best for you.
Step 1: Figure Out What Resources Are Available
Step 2: start learning the user interface, step 3: understand basic features, step 4: practice your modeling, step 5: understand advanced features, 5 steps to learn solidworks.
SOLIDWORKS is a complex program that will require time and effort to learn but utilizing the 5 steps below is the best way to learn SOLIDWORKS from scratch to expert level as quickly as is humanly possible.
SOLIDWORKS has a huge range of resources available. You can learn SOLIDWORKS online for free and even take a SOLIDWORKS online course with a certificate to include on your resume or even bump up your current salary by showing your proficiency in the program.
Online and In-Person Training
An essential resource is Lrnkey.com which allows you to sign up to learn SOLIDWORKS online free; there are classes available for free and paid depending on how far you want to take your training.
You don’t need to ask yourself whether you can learn SOLIDWORKS near me as these trainers are online and available in various timezones to match your preferred time.
SOLIDWORKS online course with a certificate is the best way to learn SOLIDWORKS 2022 if you want to make it part of your career and get an edge over other applicants.
SOLIDWORKS training courses cost very little compared to the career advances you can make and the time savings from getting a structured training course over trying to figure things out yourself.
If you’re still searching to learn SOLIDWORKS near me, then there may be some options available, but in-person training limits you to people in your local area, whereas online training offers access to the best people available around the world.
Find a tutor for this topic
Tutorials SOLIDWORKS has a range of free tutorials built into the system; simply go to Help > SOLIDWORKS Tutorials > Getting Started. You’ll find all the basics with hands-on training that will help you learn the basics of the program and get you geared up for additional training.
Note: If you want to start teaching SOLIDWORKS on Lrnkey please follow this link.
Blogs and Forums
Learn solidworks free training.
My.SOLIDWORKS.com offers a range of training videos to learn SOLIDWORKS online free that take you down various training paths on specific topics within SOLIDWORKS. Pick the tracks that work best for your industry or particular needs.
These training videos are best to supplement full training in SOLIDWORKS, so they are best used once you’ve completed basic training and understand the software a little better .
Once you’ve completed or even started the basic training, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the User Interface to navigate around the system, find tutorials , and figure out all of the components and general usage of the system.
The general areas that are important to review are.
SOLIDWORKS online course with certificate will not be available for free, so the free training is often the best way to learn SOLIDWORKS for personal use only or to get a taste for the program. SOLIDWORKS training courses cost a fracture of what you’ll make from being able to add SOLIDWORKS to your resume.
- The Menu Bar has the most used tools such as SOLIDWORKS menus , Search , and all of your Help options .
- The CommandManager dynamically updates based on your most frequently used tools, so is helpful once you get into the program for easy access to everything.
- Command Manager has tabs you can access which open up new tools within SOLIDWORKS, such as the Sketches tab, which opens up the Sketch toolbar, so you need to drill down into the application to use specific tools which can be hidden from the surface.
- SOLIDWORKS search allows you to search the application, help pages, and even forums to get the information you need to get your task completed.
- Heads-up Toolbar is a toolbar to see all the common tools for manipulating your current view.
- The Task Pane provides access to SOLIDWORKS resources, including reusable designs, views for drawing sheets, and a range of other helpful information to add to your designs.
- Feature Manager Design Tree provides an outline view of your active part, drawing, or assembly.
- The Graphics Area is the most important and largest area you’ll be working with and provides the ability to create and manipulate drawings, assemblies, and parts.
Once you’ve familiarized yourself with all of the main parts of the program and potentially started your training, you should begin to understand the basic features provided in SOLIDWORKS to understand what can be done with this powerful program.
Once you open a new document, you can create a sketch that starts your 3D model.
Boss extrude can be used to convert 2D models to 3D once you’ve created a sketch.
Revolve can add or remove material from your design by revolving profiles around a centerline, which are helpful to create 3D objects in a single feature, such as a pipe.
If you need to remove parts of your 3D model, then the extrude cut can be used to cut parts out easily.
- Creative skills
How to Get a Job in IT: The Definitive Guide for Securing A Dream Tech Career
Unlock your dream tech career! Navigate the evolving IT job market with specialization insights and educational paths. Dive in now!
Top 5 Ways to Make Jewelry for Beginners
Discover the top 5 ways to make jewelry for beginners. Our detailed guide will help all would-be jewelry-makers enhance their skills & craft.
- Online Lessons
The Pros and Cons of Knitting with Cotton
Knowing the pros and cons of knitting with cotton is essential. Improve your knitting experience by learning about this popular knitting yarn.
Are you a robot?
- How to Buy SOLIDWORKS
- How to install SOLIDWORKS
- SOLIDWORKS Hardware Recommendations
SOLIDWORKS ADVANCED TRAINING
Learn advanced part modeling & assembly modeling capabilities.
- CLASSROOM LENGTH: 4 days
- INSTRUCTOR-LED ONLINE LENGTH: 8 days
PREREQUISITES: We recommend completing the SOLIDWORKS Essentials course .
DESCRIPTION: SOLIDWORKS Advanced builds upon the Essentials lessons to provide instruction on advanced features and capabilities in SOLIDWORKS. Advanced Part Modeling teaches you how to use multi‐body solids, sweeping and lofting features, and the more advanced shaping capabilities of SOLIDWORKS. Assembly Modeling teaches how to maximize your use of the assembly modeling capabilities of SOLIDWORKS.
All the ways to take SOLIDWORKS advanced
Lesson 1: multibody design techniques
- Multibody Parts
- Hide/Show Tree Items
- Case Study: Multibody Design
- Solid Bodies Folder
- Local Operations
- Feature Scope
- Patterning Bodies
- Tool Body Technique
- Combining Bodies
- Case Study: Protective Screen
- Intersect with Solid Bodies
- Case Study: Bowl
- Indent Feature
- Case Study: Indent
- Deleting Solid Bodies
- Exercises 1-7
Lesson 2: saving solid bodies
- Multibody Part vs. Assembly
- Saving Bodies Functions
- Case Study: Clamp
- Insert into New Part
- Save Bodies
- Case Study: Boat Cleat
- Modeling for Rapid Tooling
- Splitting a Part into Multiple Bodies
- Split Feature
- Case Study: Handle
- Automating an Assembly
- Case Study: Using Split Part with Legacy Data
- Exercises 8-10
Lesson 3: sketching with splines
- Curves in Sketches
- Using Sketch Pictures
- Case Study: Guitar Body
- Splines and Spline Relations
- Changing the Shape of a Spline
- Fully Defining Splines
- Evaluating Splines
- Case Study: Two Point Spline
- Analyzing Solid Geometry
- Style Spline and Fit Spline
- Case Study: Torsion Continuity
- Case Study: Watering Can
- Case Study: Coffee Cup
- Exercises 11-15
Lesson 4: introduction to sweeping
- Case Study: Faux Raised Panel Door
- Sweep with Guide Curves
- Case Study: Bottle Body
- The SelectionManager
- Case Study: Hanger Bracket
- Exercises 16-19
Lesson 5: 3d sketching and curve features
- Curve Features
- Case Study: Spring
- Sweeping Along a 3D Path
- 3D Sketching
- Helix Curve and Spiral Feature
- Creating a 3D Curve from Orthogonal Views
- Projected Curve Feature
- Combining Curves and Smoothing Transitions
- Exercises 20-23
Lesson 6: threads and library feature parts
- Bottle Features
- Case Study: Modeling Threads
- Saving a Library Feature Part
- Performance Considerations
- Case Study: Adding the Label Outline
- Creating the Sweep Path and Sweeping Edges
- Exercises 24-26
Lesson 7: advanced sweeping
- Sweep Options
- Additional Sweep Settings
- Profile Orientation
- Case Study: Keep Normal Constant
- Intersection Curve Feature
- Visualizing Sweep Sections
- Case Study: Controlling Twist
- Case Study: Controlling Twist and Guide Curves
- Case Study: Align with End Faces
- Solid Profile
- Case Study: Drill Bit
- Exercises 27-31
Lesson 8: intro to loft and boundary features
- Comparing Complex Features
- How Lofting and Boundary Work
- Case Study: Defroster Vent
- Loft Feature
- Boundary Feature
- Case Study: Lofted Merge
- Case Study: Reusing Sketches
- Copying a Sketch and Modify Sketch
- Derived Sketches
- Boundary Preview Options
- Sketch Block and Library Feature Profiles
- Exercise 32-35
Lesson 9: advanced loft and boundary features
- Additional Curves in Loft and Boundary
- Centerline Lofting
- Case Study: Heat Shield
- Loft Preview Options
- Adding Sketch Segments
- Cleaning Up a Model
- Deleting Faces
- Evaluating Edges
- Face Fillets
- Case Study: Hook
- Curve Influence
- Exercises 36-38
Lesson 10: advanced filleting and other features
- Fillet Settings
- Fillet Parameters
- Constant Size Fillets
- Delete Face: Delete and Fill
- Fillet Options
- Variable Size Fillets
- Other Advanced Features
- Wrap Feature
- Deform Feature
- Direct Editing
- Exercises 39-44
Start of Assembly Modeling Book
Lesson 11: advanced mate techniques
- SOLIDWORKS Assemblies
- Assembly File Structure
- File References and Example
- Solving Mates
- Advanced Mate Techniques and Shortcuts
- Case Study: Mate Shortcuts
- Mate References and Design Library Parts
- Capture Mate References
- Multiple Selection Mate References and Mode
- Driven Mates and Using Misaligned Mates
- Copying Multiple Components
- Case Study: Copy with Mates
- Using Copy with Mates
- Fixed Components
- Summary: Inserting and Mating Components
- Advanced Mate Features
- Case Study: Advanced Mate Features
- Profile Center Mate
- Exercises 1-5
Lesson 12: top-down assembly modeling
- Top-Down Assembly Modeling
- Stages in the Process
- Making Changes to Dimensions
- Case Study: Editing and Building In-Context
- Adding Features In-Context
- Inserting a New Part into an Assembly
- Building In-Context Features
- Propagating Changes
- Saving Virtual Parts as External
- External References
- Breaking and Locking External References
- Machine Design Intent
- SOLIDWORKS File Utilities
- Removing External References
- Exercises 6-8
Lesson 13: smart technology
- Assembly Features and Smart Fasteners
- Case Study: Assembly Features
- Assembly Features
- Hole Series
- Smart Fasteners
- Smart Components
- Case Study: Smart Component
- Flexible Components
- Exercises 9-14
Lesson 14: assembly editing
- Assembly Editing
- Case Study: Assembly Editing
- Mate Errors
- Replacing and Modifying Components
- Converting Parts and Assemblies
- Troubleshooting an Assembly
- Replacing and Reloading Components
- Component Patterns
- Exercises 15-18
Lesson 15: using configurations with assemblies
- Using Configurations with Assemblies
- Case Study: Assembly Configurations
- Creating Configurations and Properties
- Using the Modify Configurations Dialog
- Context Toolbar and Changing Configurations
- Managing the Tree Display
- Assembly Evaluation Tools
- Case Study: Hole Alignment
- Controlling Dimensions in an Assembly
- Creating an Equality
- Equations With Functions
- Sensors and Using the Mate Controller
- Exercises 19-21
Lesson 16: display states and appearances
- Display States and Bulk Selection Tools
- Case Study: Display States
- Advanced Select
- Using Envelopes
- Appearances, Materials and Scenes
- Case Study: Appearances and Materials
- Exercises 22-23
Lesson 17: large assemblies
- Large Assemblies Key Topics
- Lightweight Components
- Large Assembly Mode
- Case Study: Large Assembly Options
- Using SpeedPak
- Using Configurations with Large Assemblies
- Modifying the Structure of an Assembly
- Assembly Visualization
- Large Design Review
- Tips for Faster Assemblies
- Drawing Considerations
- Exercise 24-27
Lesson 18: facility layout
- Facility Layout and Publishing an Asset
- Using Magnetic Mates
- Modeling Connection Point Geometry
- Exercise 28
Lesson 19: using solidworks treehouse
- SOLIDWORKS Treehouse
- Setting Treehouse Instances
- Exporting Treehouse Data
- Exercise 29
Take advantage of goengineer’s extensive knowledge base and resources.
Find a Solution
3D Printing Services
3D Scanning Services
As of June 2022, Microsoft will no longer support Internet Explorer. To ensure your browsing experience is not interrupted please update to Microsoft Edge .