- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Why the Titanic Movie Continues to Captivate Audiences Decades Later
The movie “Titanic”, directed by James Cameron, was released in 1997 and quickly became a cultural phenomenon. It tells the story of the ill-fated maiden voyage of the RMS Titanic, a luxury liner that sank in 1912 after colliding with an iceberg. The film was a box office sensation, grossing over $2 billion worldwide and winning 11 Academy Awards. But what is it about this movie that continues to captivate audiences decades later? Let’s take a closer look.
The Story of Love and Tragedy
At its core, “Titanic” is a love story between Jack Dawson (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose DeWitt Bukater (played by Kate Winslet). Their romance blossoms on board the ship, despite their starkly different social classes. However, their happiness is cut short when disaster strikes and they must fight for survival amidst chaos and tragedy. This heartbreaking tale of star-crossed lovers has resonated with audiences around the world.
The Spectacle of Cinematography
One of the most impressive aspects of “Titanic” is its stunning cinematography. James Cameron spared no expense in creating an immersive experience for viewers, using both practical effects and CGI to bring the ship to life on screen. The attention to detail is staggering – from the intricate costumes to the breathtaking sets – making it easy for audiences to become fully immersed in this epic tale.
While “Titanic” is primarily a work of fiction, it also has historical significance as it accurately portrays many aspects of life aboard the ill-fated vessel. From the lavish first-class accommodations to the cramped steerage quarters, viewers get a sense of what it was like to be on board one of history’s most infamous ships. Additionally, Cameron’s meticulous research into the sinking itself adds an extra layer of authenticity to the film.
Nostalgia and Nostalgic Appeal
Finally, “Titanic” has a strong nostalgic appeal for many viewers. For those who saw the movie when it first came out, it may bring back memories of their own youth or a special time in their lives. For younger viewers, it may offer a glimpse into a bygone era or serve as an introduction to historical events that they may not have been aware of previously.
In conclusion, “Titanic” continues to captivate audiences decades later due to its timeless love story, impressive cinematography, historical significance, and nostalgic appeal. It remains one of the most beloved and enduring films of all time.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- My presentations
Auth with social network:
We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published by Edwina Harper Modified over 5 years ago
Presentation on theme: "TITANIC."— Presentation transcript:
THE TITANIC P.OSHEA IRELAND One of the most famous ships in the last 100 years has a direct connection to Ireland. This was the famous Titanic. She was.
My favorite film.
The Titanic benjcomputer.wordpress.com. The purpose of my research is to inform the reader about one of the worst tragedies in history, the sinking of.
RMS Titanic By Bridgette.
The RMS Titanic By Charlie M. Contents Construction Facilities Onboard Maiden Voyage The Sinking Aftermath.
Welcome To Margaret’s Presentation The leadership model I am going to talk about is James Cameron, a famous Hollywood director, from his biography,
Breakfast at Tiffany's is a 1961 American romantic comedy film. The film was directed by Blake Edwards and released by Paramount Pictures. It is loosely.
WELCOME TO OUR CLASS!.
1. What is the title of the film? 2. What is the cast? (the main actor and main actress)? 5. Where does the action take place? 4. Which genre does the.
BY JACOB HALES, PERIOD TWO A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE TITANIC.
Titanic 100 Years April 14 th,1912-April 14 th, 2012.
The Titanic Lesson Objectives To analyse the design of the ship To analyse the design of the ship To understand what happened to the Titanic. To understand.
TITANIC REVIEW When did the Titanic cast off? APRIL 10, 1912.
THE TITANIC-BY AISLING SI TONG GUO. Titanic 1.The White Star Line was the company that built the Titanic, and was owned by J.P. Morgan, an American tycoon.
NIGHT AT THE OSCARS Presented By: Cierra Guasti Project 14: Nominate a movie for an Academy Award June 6 th, 2011 The Oscars, awarded annually by the Academy.
Unit 3: Telling tales TEACHING WRITING. Pre-writing.
The Titanic Ship: A Tragedy In History. The purpose of my research is to inform the reader about one of the worst tragedies in history, the sinking of.
TITANIC By Cian Timlin.
Instructions Replace the questions with full sentences that answer them. Once you have finished your research you will be writing a dramatic and descriptive.
Titanic “A Social Disaster” Eric Chronister. Construction of the “Unsinkable” Construction of the Titanic began on March 31, 1909 and it was complete.
© 2023 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Sep 24, 2010
210 likes | 1.5k Views
FILM REVIEW. By Ana Cañete. When I think in a good film, an idea came to my mind qickly:. TITANIC. Most of people think that TITANIC tries to tell the history of the tragedy of the collapse. So, is to easy to find facts in the film that isn’t really true.
- historical film
- romantic film
- film review
- interesting special effects
- quick moving plot
FILM REVIEW By Ana Cañete
When I think in a good film, an idea came to my mind qickly: TITANIC
Most of people think that TITANIC tries to tell the history of the tragedy of the collapse. So, is to easy to find facts in the film that isn’t really true.
However, TITANIC,isn’t a historical film. It is a romantic film that uses the tragedy as a scene in order to make the love more beautiful and the story more interesting.
TITANIC concerned about a young woman and a man that meet each other on the ship and fall in love. In spite of their diferences, they fight for their love...
All the actors, who are well-knowing, do an excelent work in this film. In addition, the soundtrack is very emotional and praiseworthy. Moreover, scenes are fairly luxurous and represent very well how was the authentic Titanic.
The film lasts three hours, nevertheless, it isn’t boring because it has a quick-moving plot. The film has, also, quite interesting special effects.
In conclusion, TITANIC is a great and well-making film that will move you to tears everytime that you see it... I LOVE IT!!
- More by User
Writing a film review
Writing a film review. Achievement Standard 2.2. Writing a film review.
574 views • 11 slides
How to Write a Film Review
How to Write a Film Review. Movie Ratings and Reviews. Writing a film review is a great way of expressing your opinion of a film . The purpose of most film reviews is: to help the reader in determining whether they want to watch rent or buy the film. The review should give
1.1k views • 12 slides
Film review . I Basic information about the film. II A brief summery of the plot. III Your opinion – good and bad things about the film. IV conclusion and recommendation. I Basic information about the film.
269 views • 7 slides
377 views • 9 slides
How to Write a Film Review. Gather basic facts about the movie. The title of the film, and the year it came out. The director's name. The names of the lead actors. The genre. Analyze the mechanics of the movie.
567 views • 11 slides
Title: What’s in a Film Review?
Title: What’s in a Film Review?. Learning Objective: To know what needs to be included in a film review. What do you think is needed?. Title of the film. Running time. What does the reader need to know? .
254 views • 9 slides
Everyone has an opinion about whether a movie is good or not. I know you have an opinion about the movie we have just watched. Your assignment is to write a movie review of Hitchcock’s North by Northwest. Film Review. North by Northwest (September 26, 1959) Lasts 2 hours and 16 minutes
307 views • 3 slides
Utu film review By Raymond Crichton
Utu film review By Raymond Crichton.
195 views • 6 slides
Systematic film review 3.Pleura
Systematic film review 3.Pleura. Follow the pleural surface around the lung periphery. The costophrenic angles should be V-shaped Look for the minor and major fissures.They are normally hair-line structures . Pneumothorax. Peripheral (apical) hyperlucent zone devoid of lung markings.
319 views • 21 slides
How to Write a Film Review. Movie Ratings and Reviews. Why?. Whether you're interested in writing movie reviews for profit or just for fun, it's not too tough. Just follow a few steps to make your feelings on the latest flicks known. .
686 views • 9 slides
How to Write a Film Review . Shao Guangqing. Outline . Warm-up The Structure of a Film Review Steps to write a film review Types of films/genres Useful vocabulary and language for a film review. Warm-up. What is a film review (for)? Have you ever read one?
19.3k views • 34 slides
Magazine film review conventions
Magazine film review conventions.
171 views • 3 slides
Writing a Film Review UNIT 2
L.O: To consider the structure of a review and plan my own response. . Writing a Film Review UNIT 2. Film Review – 3,2,1. 3 ‘things’ a film review should include 2 places you would be able to find a film review 1 main purpose of a film review. Film 2010 .
357 views • 8 slides
Film magazine review
Film magazine review. Josh Steptoe. Why. I have analysed these magazine reviews so I can gain knowledge on how to produce my magazine review page. There are many techniques used in the 2 magazines that I have analysed which I will try to use in my magazine when creating. True Grit.
282 views • 4 slides
Film review. By: Katya Borzih. Title: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Classification: Universal. Directed: Memory Hosoda, Takashi Watanabe, Yuichiro Saito. Stars: Riis Naka, Takuya Ishida, Mitsutaka Itakura. Type of film: adventure, fantasy, romantic, drama.
362 views • 10 slides
Review My Short Film
Find reviews of short films online at Indie Film Share. Our ultimate goal is to promote the work of the independent filmmakers to help them improve their craft. Register today and start uploading your videos.
79 views • 6 slides
Film review. I'd like to speak about the film called " Ice Age ". The director of the film is Chris Wedge . The producers are Christopher Meledandri and Lori Forte . The budget of the film is $60.000.000.
155 views • 10 slides
ENG 1020 Film Review Project
ENG 1020 Film Review Project. Trimble November 2014. Project Learning Objectives. Practice using the concepts scene , rhetorical situation , and genre with a non-academic genre
115 views • 11 slides
Mixer Film and Review Improvement Event
Mixer Film and Review Improvement Event. Date: ????? Team Members: ???. Agenda. Opening Question Improvement Event Training Introduce Film and Review Event Watch and Discuss Mixer Process Improvement Event Wrap-up Member Survey. Opening Question. ?????????. Improvement Event Review.
145 views • 14 slides
The FILM Review
The FILM Review. Based on: Swales, Feak (20 1 4): Academic Writing for College Students , University of The Philippines, Diliman Campus and IELTS Press (2015). Competencies: Through Lecture, Application and Assignment
367 views • 17 slides
Mixer Film and Review Improvement Event. Date: 02/13/2014. Agenda. Opening Question Improvement Event Training Introduce Film and Review Event Watch and Discuss Mixer Process Improvement Event Wrap-up Member Survey. Opening Question. What do you hope to get out of this event?.
138 views • 13 slides
Down hill (2020) Film Review
They shall talk about the visible language of the film, its piece, main themes, and performing among others to provide you a praise-worthy review. You should watch most movies you're trying to review twice, especially when you're just starting out writing reviews. Encourage college students to evaluate film summaries at websites like as well as the summaries that may be at Doing this will give them a better idea as to what to consist of in a movie summary.
37 views • 2 slides
B. Inggris - Movie Review (Titanic)
More Related Content
What's hot ( 20 )
Viewers also liked
Viewers also liked ( 13 )
Similar to B. Inggris - Movie Review (Titanic)
Similar to B. Inggris - Movie Review (Titanic) ( 20 )
More from Ramadhani Sardiman
More from Ramadhani Sardiman ( 20 )
Recently uploaded ( 20 )
- 1. TITANIC Movie Review XII-IPA 2 : Anna Fadhila Atika Faadhilah Fajratul Faizah M. Affan Alhanif Ramadhani Sardiman Suci Hidayati Yonika Anabella
- 3. TITANIC’s Trailer
- 4. Story line Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a young boy who wins passage to America aboard the Titanic in a lucky game of poker (upon boarding the ship, Jack tells to his friend that they are "the luckiest sons of bitches in the world"). Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) is travelling to America, to be married to Cal Hockley (Billy Zane), a situation she is not thrilled about. Sparks fly when Dawson manages to talk Rose out of jumping overboard, but tragedy awaits as the unsinkable ship hits and iceberg and begins to flounder.
- 5. Titanic is a 1997 American epic romantic disaster film directed, written, co-produced, co-edited and partly financed by James Cameron.
- 6. Distributed by
- 7. Post-production Release dates : November 1, 1997 (Tokyo International Film Festival) December 19, 1997 (United States) Running time Country Language Budget Box office : : : : : 194 minutes United States English $200,000,000 $2,186,772,302
- 8. Post-production Music by Cinematography Editing by Soundtrack : James Horner : Russell Carpenter : Conrad Buff James Cameron Richard A. Harris : Celine Dion “My Heart will Go On”
- 9. Cast Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson
- 10. Cast Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater
- 11. Cast Billy Zane as Caledon Nathan
- 12. Cast Frances Fisher as Ruth DeWitt Bukater
- 13. Cast Bernard Hill as Captain Edward James Smith
- 14. Cast Gloria Stuart as Rose Dawson Calvert
- 15. Cast Bill Paxton as Brock Lovett
- 16. Our opinion The ship was thought to be unsinkable, and so a compromise was made on the number of lifeboats aboard. When the ship did sink, it is the richest that got first priority on the lifeboats. While they waited in half-full lifeboats, they were exposed to the cries of people freezing to their deaths and didn't do a thing to help them. If a similar tragedy were to happen today, would the result be any different?
- 17. Our opinion The acting is excellent by all concerned, but I was most impressed by Zane. The nice thing about a ship sinking is that it is a relatively slow event, and Cameron takes every advantage of it. The depiction of the mighty ship going under is so much larger than life and I feel this is the most magnificent part of the movie. Just for that reason alone, Titanic is a movie not just to be seen, but to be experienced. So make sure you see it on the big screen. It goes to show that the concept of the disaster movie is far from dead.
- 18. TITANIC in real life
- 19. TITANIC’s sinking
- 20. Match Words Section lucky d manage a rich f ship b tragedy c travelling e a. administer b. boat c. buskin d. fortunate e. trip f. wealthy
- 21. Question Section Who is the director of the movie Titanic? a. Rose DeWitt Bukater b. Jack Dawson c. James Cameron d. Bill Paxton e. Bernard Hill
- 22. Answer Section c. James Cameron
- 23. Question Section How many budget for making of the movie Titanic? a. $232,000,000 b. $222,000,000 c. $212,000,000 d. $200,000,000 e. $190,000,000
- 24. Answer Section d. $200,000,000
- 25. Question Section What is the soundtrack of the movie Titanic? a. Celine Dion “My Heart will Go Down” b. Celine Dion “My Heart will Go On” c. Celine Dion “My Heart will Going Down” d. Celine Dion “My Heart will Go Up On” e. Celine Dion “My Heart will Go Up Down”
- 26. Answer Section b. Celine Dion “My Heart will Go On”
- 27. Question Section Who is the man on the picture? a. Captain Eder Smith b. Captain Jack Smith c. Captain Edward Jack Smith d. Captain Eder James Smith e. Captain Edward James Smith
- 28. Answer Section e. Captain Edward James Smith
- 29. Question Section What character played by Leonardo DiCaprio on the movie Titanic? a. Brock Lovett b. Jack Dawson c. Caledon Nathan d. Captain Edward James Smith e. Rose DeWitt Bukater
- 30. Answer Section b. Jack Dawson
- 31. THANK YOU -_-
As you know, the 3-hour-14-minute film "Titanic" is no mere disaster movie. It's an epic love story about a 17-year-old American aristocrat who is betrothed to a rich and hateful suitor but falls in love with a free-spirited artist, who won his third-class passage in a card game. It's "Romeo and Juliet" on a sinking ship and has become an international sensation.
"Titanic" is also a movie about money and its evils. With fine irony, Cameron has spent more dollars than any other filmmaker to make a film that denounces the rich.
The $8,4 million costume budget alone would finance several independent movies. Production designer Peter Lamont copied the real Titanic down to the exact shade of green on the chairs in the smoking lounge. The sumptuous sets have made-to-order replicas of the china, the stained-glass windows - and since all of it was going to be destroyed, nothing could be rented. "To the best of our knowledge, there was no violation of historical truth", says Cameron. "We have a great responsibility. Whatever we make, will become the truth, the visual reality that a generation will accept", says Cameron.
The special effects are in the service of the story. In the 80-minute sinking of the ship, you don't wonder what's real and what's computer-generated. What you feel is the horror of the experience, the depths of the folly that left this 3" ship so vulnerable to disaster: While the women and children are loaded into lifeboats (there were only enough for half the 2,200 passengers), the third-class passengers are locked.
Cameron makes terrifying poetry out of chaos with images of the ship breaking in half, the deck rising perpendicular to the water as passengers bounce off the ships' giant propellers into the freezing ocean.
But it is the love between the unhappy Rose and the sanguine, openhearted Jack that occupies stage center. Is it the great love story Cameron so desperately wanted to make? Not quite. Visually, his lovers are an odd match: next to DiCaprio's boyish beauty, Kate Winslet looks womanly. And once the disaster strikes, their individual fates become overwhelmed by the communal horror. Our hearts, at least, couldn't but break once these lovestruck kids were surrounded by floating frozen corpses.
Cameron's strength is in painting canvases with broad strokes, and for 194 minutes he holds you in his grip. This is one grand entertainment - old-fashioned filmmaking brought up to date with the most spectacular technology available.
Cameron says today that if he had known what it would take to bring his vision to the screen, he would have stopped before he started. But "regret" is not in the guy's vocabulary.
My favourite film
2. my favourite film-titanic , 4. the main characters, 5. titanic , 6. stills from the film, 7. my impression of the film.
Movie Review: Titanic
admin | no comments
Subscribe via email
Previous post:, related and recommended posts.
- Movie Review: The Holiday
- Movie Review: Benjamin Button
- Movie Review: The Lord of the Rings
- Movie Review: Mama Mia
- Student Movie Review: You Got Served
Comments are closed.
- Written by our Students
- Social Programme
- Teacher Training
- New Zealand
- Learning Centre
- Work in New Zealand
- Student Success Stories
- In the Classroom
- Student Life in New Zealand
- English Courses in New Zealand
- Online courses
- English for University
- Languages International School Profile
- Student Care at Languages International
- Languages International Video Tour
- A place I like - Languages International Auckland
What do other students say?
See more photos on Instagram
Provide details on what you need help with along with a budget and time limit. Questions are posted anonymously and can be made 100% private.
Studypool matches you to the best tutor to help you with your question. Our tutors are highly qualified and vetted.
Your matched tutor provides personalized help according to your question details. Payment is made only after you have completed your 1-on-1 session and are satisfied with your session.
- Homework Q&A
- Become a Tutor
Health & Medical
Access over 20 million homework & study documents
Titanic movie review doc1122.
Sign up to view the full document!
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science !
working on a homework question?
Studypool is powered by Microtutoring TM
Copyright © 2023. Studypool Inc.
Studypool is not sponsored or endorsed by any college or university.
Access over 20 million homework documents through the notebank
Get on-demand Q&A homework help from verified tutors
Read 1000s of rich book guides covering popular titles
Sign up with Google
Sign up with Facebook
Already have an account? Login
Login with Google
Login with Facebook
Don't have an account? Sign Up