- (02) 4932 7993
- [email protected]
Working at Heights Course Newcastle
Course code: riiwhs204e – work safely at heights.
- Complete your Working at Heights Course in half a day
- Half Day Course – Includes Training & Assessment
- No Hidden Days. No Extra Costs.
To pay with Afterpay, contact our office on 4932 7993 or email us
Working at Heights Training Course Schedule
- Course will run twice a week
- Every Monday & Thursday
Working at Heights Course Calendar
Training course reviews, overview of working at heights licence course.
First Choice Training Solutions is a RTO approved training centre that provides nationally recognised training programs, such as the RIIWHS204E – Work Safely at Heights course. Our team offer inhouse training and assessment on all courses to meet work requirements and provide the relevant licence, permit, or statement of attainment. Dedicated to developing mindsets beyond what is expected from regular training courses, we provide above and beyond the standard training expected in the high-risk work industry. To best provide this service we understand that the training needs to be relevant, efficient, and engaging in order to be successful. First Choice Training Solutions is adaptable and flexible from years of hands-on experience, building practical skills both in the field and training, ensuring confidence and peace of mind knowing you’re receiving reliable information to better prepare for the workplace. Our philosophy is to keep things as simple yet practical as can be, ensuring quality training to assist students in successful completion our courses. By combining the two aspects, we can look forward to a safer working environment with reduced health and safety risks across a range of industries in the future.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to perform work at heights safely in the resources and infrastructure industries.
It applies to those working in operational roles. They generally work under supervision to undertake a prescribed range of functions involving known routines and procedures and take responsibility for the quality of work outcomes.
Licensing, legislative and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. Users must check requirements with the relevant body before applying the unit.
Note: The terms Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Work Health and Safety (WHS) are equivalent and generally either can be used in the workplace. In jurisdictions where the National Model WHS Legislation has not been implemented RTOs are advised to contextualise the unit of competency by referring to the existing State/Territory OHS legislative requirements.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to complete the tasks outlined in the elements, performance criteria and foundation skills of this unit, including evidence of the ability to:
- accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- assessing hazards and risks associated with working at heights and implementing control methods
- selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- checking the correct fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment
- performing work safely at heights
During the above, the candidate must:
- locate and apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures and confirm that the work activity is compliant
- implement the requirements, procedures and techniques for working safely at heights
- work effectively with others to work safely at heights in a way that meets all required outcomes
- communicate clearly and concisely with others to receive and clarify work instructions and to determine coordination requirements prior to commencing and during work activities
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge to complete the tasks outlined in the elements, performance criteria and foundation skills of this unit, including knowledge of:
- key legislation required to work safely at heights
- statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- heights safety systems
- safe work methods
- principles and techniques for identifying names and functions of equipment, components and materials
- principles and techniques for complying with equipment manufacturer instructions and specifications
- safe shifting and handling of tools and materials
- principles and techniques for identifying relevant hazards and emergencies
- techniques for coordinating and communicating job activities with others.
Mandatory conditions for assessment of this unit are stipulated below. The assessment must:
- personal protective equipment
- equipment related to working safely at heights
- relevant documentation
- be conducted in a safe environment; and,
- be assessed in the context of this sector’s work environment; and,
- be assessed in compliance with relevant legislation/regulation and using policies, procedures and processes directly related to the industry sector for which it is being assessed; and,
- confirm consistent performance can be applied in a range of relevant workplace circumstances.
Where personal safety or environmental damage are limiting factors, assessment may occur in a simulated work environment* provided it is realistic and sufficiently rigorous to cover all aspects of this sector’s workplace performance, including environment, task skills, task management skills, contingency management skills and job role environment skills.
Assessors must be able to clearly demonstrate current and relevant industry knowledge and experience to satisfy the mandatory regulatory standards as set out in the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015/Australian Quality Training Framework mandatory requirements for assessors current at the time of assessment and any relevant licensing and certification requirements. This includes:
- vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed
- current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided
- current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning that informs their training and assessment
- formal relevant qualifications in training and assessment
- having knowledge of and/or experience using the latest techniques and processes
- possessing the required level of RII training product knowledge
- having an understanding and knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to the industry and to employment and workplaces
- demonstrating the performance evidence, and knowledge evidence outlined in this unit of competency, and
- the minimum years of current** work experience after competency has been obtained as specified below in an industry sector relevant to the outcomes of the unit.
It is also acceptable for the appropriately qualified assessor to work with an industry expert to conduct assessment together and for the industry expert to be involved in the assessment judgement. The industry expert must have current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided. This means the industry subject matter expert must demonstrate skills and knowledge from the minimum years of current work experience after competency has been obtained as specified below, including time spent in roles related to the unit being assessed:
Related Training Courses
Forklift licence, ewp training, working in confined space, dogman ticket, c6 crane licence.
Why Choose First Choice Training Solutions?
Many of our training courses specifically target the high-risk work industry, specialising in the training assessment process for high-risk work licences – particularly in heights training, the Craneage and Rigging trades.
Assessment participants will undertake practical exercises delivered from our team of instructors who possess a wealth of experience in both trades and – through practical, hands-on learning and professional mentorship. We will assist you to recognise and work to Safe Work Australia and SafeWork NSW guidelines, requirements and regulations, NSW legislation, and industry standards
Frequently Asked Questions on Working At Heights Training
Working at heights safety training can be completed in with 2-3 hours of training.
Working at heights training course costs $225 per person to complete.
After completing the course, participants receive the RIIWHS204E ticket to work safely at heights. The industry generally recommends renewal every 24 months or 2 years. It should be noted through there currently is no Government requirement for renewal.
Have any questions on getting your Working At Heights Ticket?
Our team are here to help – call the office between 9am – 5pm or enquire through email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- 16 Paddock Place, Rutherford, NSW, 2330
Ready to get your Working at Heights Licence?
First choice training solutions operates under a strict covid safe plan.
- 16 Paddock Place, Rutherford, NSW, 2320
Email 1300 356 686
Work Safely At Heights Training
Newcastle Rescue & Consultancy Pty Ltd provide Work safely at heights safety training for persons who are required to work at height. Our course is Nationally Recognised and is in accordance with the Australian Standard 1891 and relevant Codes of Practice.
The work safely at heights training course is structured to ensure participants have the understanding of risk assessment procedures and permits to work at height. Participants will gain relevant skills to select height safety equipment and apply it to specific tasks.
The course will cover the following areas;
- WH&S Legislation
- Height Safety Regulations
- Codes of Practice and Australian Standards
- Correct use of Height Safety Equipment
- Case Studies from Industry
- Risk Assessment and Hierarchy of Control
- Management and Employee Responsibilities
- Full Restraint Devices and Equipment
- Fall Arrest Devices and Safety Equipment
- Safe Ladder Techniques
- Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Requirements
- Setting up a Fall Restraint System
- Emergency Procedures, including Height Rescue Procedures
- Suspension Trauma
- Developing Site Procedures and Safe Work Methods
Upcoming Courses for Work Safely at Heights Training
If there are no upcoming scheduled courses for Work safely at Heights Training, please contact us to find out if we can arrange a custom course for you.
See Course Calendar All Courses
Unit of Competency
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
Duration of course, course delivery.
Training is delivered Face to Face. All training handouts supplied.
Participants are to provide their own workplace appropriate gloves. Participants are to wear comfortable clothing and closed in shoes.
Physical Requirement – a participant must be in good health and medically fit for work. If weight is over 136kg, we advise participant to bring a specialised harness with them to the training.
Participants will complete a theory based assessment and a practical based assessment to determine their competence.
On successful completion of the work safely at heights training course, participants will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment and a wallet card stating;
- Participant Name
- Units of Competency Completed
- Date of Completion
- Statement of Attainment Number
Recognition of Prior Learning
All participants are offered the opportunity to apply for RPL. Please refer to the Student Handbook (located in resources) or phone 1300 356 686 for the procedure of how to apply.
From 1st January 2015, it is a requirement when enrolling in a Nationally Recognised training course to have a Unique Student Identifier Number (USI). Certifications cannot be issued until the USI number has been provided and verified.
If you require assistance creating a USI click this link.
New Course !
10830NAT – Course in Crystalline Silica Exposure Prevention Training!
Also available is Silica Awareness Training
For your workplace training plans for 2023/2024.
Visit this link Silica Exposure Prevention Training and Silica Awareness Course to find out more or call 1300 356 686 or send an enquiry via https://study.wisenet.co/nrc/contact/
Call Us : (02) 4960 9611
Zokal will Continue Safety Servicing, Training and Equipment Hire Through the Coronavirus Outbreak
The confined space training and working at heights safety specialist, celebrating 40 years of keeping australian workers safe..
SAFETY EQUIPMENT SERVICES
STANDBY & RESCUE PERSONNEL
- HIRE SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Zokal is COVID Safe
Jul 22, 2020 | COVID-19 Safety , News
Zokal Safety Australia has a COVID-19 Safety Plan and we are committed to keeping you safe. We are officially registered as a COVID Safe business
Coronavirus Precautions, Safety Servicing
Mar 18, 2020 | Notifications , Safety in the workplace , Work health Safety , Zokal
Zokal Safety Servicing will continue regular servicing throughout the Coronavirus Crisis. We will be taking special precautions to prevent transmission of the virus. Based on information and guidelines from Australian health authorities and the World Health...
Coronavirus Precautions – Safety Training
Mar 18, 2020 | News , Notifications , Safety Training , Work health Safety , Zokal
Zokal Safety Training will continue regular training throughout the Coronavirus Crisis. We will be taking special precautions to keep students safe. Given the current information, Zokal Safety Training has implemented the following protection measures and will...
Our ideal clients are:
Oil & Gas
Inspection & Service
Equipment Sales & Hire
Standby and Rescue Personnel for Confined Space Safety
A Culture of Safety & Risk Management
On Site Safety Training on your Premises
Save time and money – We’ll bring Confined space and height safety training to your location with our purpose built on site safety training trailer.
By bringing the training to your location you no longer have to scale down operations while key staff travel to another location to train. It also gives you more flexibility with your scheduling.
Find out more…
With over 40 years experience with work health and safety, Zokal can help with all your WHS compliance issues.
Work health and safety compliance is critical if you manage or supervise staff in potentially dangerous situations, so you’ve come to the right place. We can help free you from all your work health and safety problems – so you can get on with doing what you do best, knowing your workplace is safe and fully WHS compliant.
With the ever increasing compliance workload and the stress of knowing that you could be personally liable if anything goes wrong, it’s reassuring to have Zokal on your team!
HIGH RISK PROJECTS & CONSULTATIONS
Click on the image to view recent projects
BEFORE WHS LEGISLATION
People share their stories
Australia’s Highest Rated Safety Services Provider
Confined Space Safety
Working at heights safety.
Zokal are experts on Confined Space Safety. Click on the links below to find out more :
- Confined Space Training
- Confined Space Rescue Training
- Confined Space Standby Personnel
- Respiratory Equipment hire
- Respiratory Equipment servicing
- Block and Rope Retrieval System hire
- Block and Rope Retrieval servicing
- Gas Test Monitor hire
- Gas Detector calibration & servicing
Zokal are experts at Working at Height Safety. Click on the links below to find out more:
- Working at Heights Training
- Vertical Rescue Training
- Anchor Points & Static Lines installation and inspection
- Height Safety Standby Personnel
- Full Arrest Equipment Hire
- Height Safety Equipment inspection and service
Testimonials from Happy Clients
A wealth of training knowledge and experience.
“Zokal Safety Services has provided our training requirements for confined space, working at heights, fire fighting, sharps and hazardous chemicals for at least fifteen years.
Work Health and Safety Coordinator, Glen Innes Severn Counsil
Reliability and quality of their work over 33 years is faultless
“Zokal Safety Services have been a permanent service provider with Tomago Aluminium since 1983. Zokal have been on site every week for the past 33 years providing a reliable and quality service in maintaining our life support equipment…”
Safety Services Officer, Tomago Aluminium
The high standards keep us coming back
“I am writing to you today to express my sincere gratitude to you and your team at Zokal Safety Services for the work you have done for Incitec Pivot Limited, BigN business unit during the past five years.”
BigN Fleet Manager, Incitec Pivot Limited
Having this level of service made my job easier
“We have used Zokal Safety services to complete all the major services on our CABA suits used underground as part of our Escape system. This has included:”
Emergency Services Officer, Dendrobium Coal Pty Ltd, A member of the BHP Billiton Group
Zokal Safety Australia obtained Quality Assurance Accreditation in 2004 and has been registered for QA ISO 9001:2000, OH&S 18001- AS/NZ 4801 and Environmental 14001 with DAS (Direct Assessment Services) Registrars… more
- ABOUT ZOKAL SAFETY
- INSPECTION & SERVICING
- SAFETY TRAINING IN NEWCASTLE
- ON-SITE SAFETY TRAINING
- STANDBY & RESCUE PERSONNEL
- UNDERGROUND MINING SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- TERMS & CONDITIONS OF TRADE
- TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- CREDIT APPLICATION FORM
Zokal Safety Australia – Friesian Business Centre Unit 4, 5 Friesian Close, SANDGATE, NSW 2304, Australia
Zokal Safety Training – Friesian Business Centre Unit 5, 5 Friesian Close, SANDGATE, NSW 2304, Australia
- TEL: 02 4960 9611
Working At Heights
Falls from heights are a major cause of fatalities & serious injuries at workplaces across Australia. Our team has many years of experience working with high-risk processes including working safely at heights.
We work with clients across a variety of industries including manufacturing, mining, local government and energy to teach and train staff on the safety requirements around working at heights.
Working at Heights Policy and Procedure Review
Safety starts with having the best procedures in place. At 3D Safety we work with you to review, update and advise on your safety policies and procedures.
Working at Heights Policies and Procedures are required to be updated periodically to ensure they are relevant and appropriate to your organisation. Our consultants can assist with a full review of policies, procedures and documents around working at heights.
Working at Heights Emergency Rescue Plans and Procedures
Many companies approach 3D Safety because their rescue plans are outdated or untested. We can take care of the complete review process – we work with your people to develop rescue plans that make sense for your business and comply with WHS Regulations in your state.
We can also assist in onsite training of your workers in the Emergency Rescue Plans that have been developed to ensure they are effective and efficient as well as complying with Regulations.
Working at Heights Training in Newcastle, NSW
3D Safety is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 90931) and we offer the nationally recognised training course Work Safely at Heights – RIIWHS204E . We can tailor the program to the policies and procedures that are relevant to your organisation.
Gap Assessments in Newcastle, NSW
A 3D Safety Gap Assessment is a proactive approach to ensure your company is managing safety effectively and complying with relevant legislation, Australian Standards and industry guidelines. One of our consultants will perform a review of your operations, structure, existing system and training of employees in specific high-risk environments (Hot Work areas, Confined Spaces and Working at Heights), including hazardous substances such as cylinder storage areas.
Following the onsite review our consultant will walk through results and offer recommendations to achieve compliance. The process ensures appropriate resources and processes are implemented to eliminate or minimise risks.
- Training Calendar
- Student Resources
- Welding Safety
- Safety Assessment
Send us an enquiry
- Name * First
- Phone Number *
- Please type "3D" Please type "3D" without double quote to submit form.
- Name This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
PeopleCert, on behalf of Axelos
- Onsite training
- Log a ticket
01344203999 Available 24/7
BIGGEST BLACK FRIDAY SALE!
GET THE 70% EXTRA OFF!
We cannot process your enquiry without contacting you, please tick to confirm your consent to us for contacting you about your enquiry.
By submitting your details you agree to be contacted in order to respond to your enquiry.
What are you looking for?
Sorry looks like we are having trouble finding the course you’re looking for..
We may not have the course you’re looking for. If you enquire or give us a call on 01344203999 and speak to our training experts, we may still be able to help with your training requirements.
Or select from our popular topics
- ITIL® Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Scrum Certification
- Change Management
- Business Analysis
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Excel & Certification Course
- Microsoft Project
Press esc to close
Talk to a learning expert
Fill out your contact details below and our training experts will be in touch.
Fill out your contact details below
WHO WILL BE FUNDING THE COURSE?
By submitting your details you agree to be contacted in order to respond to your enquiry
Thank you for your enquiry!
One of our training experts will be in touch shortly to go over your training requirements.
Back to Course Information
Fill out your contact details below so we can get in touch with you regarding your training requirements.
* WHO WILL BE FUNDING THE COURSE?
Preferred Contact Method
Back to course information
Fill out your training details below
Fill out your training details below so we have a better idea of what your training requirements are.
HOW MANY DELEGATES NEED TRAINING?
HOW DO YOU WANT THE COURSE DELIVERED?
- Online Instructor-led
- Online Self-paced
WHEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
Next 2 - 4 months
WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR ENQUIRING?
Looking for some information
Looking for a discount
I want to book but have questions
One of our training experts will be in touch shortly to go overy your training requirements.
Working At Height Training | Health And Safety - in Newcastle
- Learn the proper use of protective equipment for Working at Height.
- Become familiar with the requirement of PPE for Working at Height.
- Understand what working conditions increase the risk of falling from a height.
- Course syllabus
- Who it’s for
- What’s included
- Why choose this course
Working at Height Training Course Outline
Module 1: Introduction to Work at Height
- How is Work at Height Defined?
- What Working Conditions Increase the Risk of Falling from Height?
- Do's and Don'ts of Working at Height
Module 2: Risks of Working at Height
- Risks and Hazards While Working at Height
- Working at Height Risk Assessment
Module 3: Fall Protection
- What is Fall Arrest and How Does it Work?
- Fall Protection Equipment or System Types
Module 4: Requirement of PPE for Working at Heights
- Working at Height PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Head Protection for Working at Height
Module 5: Working at Height – Emergency Rescue Plan
- Risk Assessment
- PPE During Fall
- Rescue Procedure
- Rescue Equipment
- Who Needs to Be Called?
- Prolonged Suspension
- Medical Assistance
- Rescue Equipment Maintenance
- Rescue Training
Module 6: Safety Tips for Working at Heights
- Selecting the Proper PPE
- Ensure Proper Use of Lifts
- Use Ladders Properly
- Know When and What Type of Fall Protection is Required
- Avoid Working in Bad Weather Conditions
- Ensure Proper Training
Who should attend this Working at Height Training Course?
The Working at Height Training Course is designed for individuals whose job responsibilities involve working at elevated heights. This course aims to educate participants on the risks of working at heights and how to implement safety practices to prevent accidents and injuries. A variety of professionals can benefit from this course, such as:
- Construction Workers
- Roofing Contractors
- Maintenance and Repair Workers
- Telecom Tower Workers
- Firefighters and Rescue Workers
- Industrial Painters
Prerequisites of the Working at Height Training Course
There are no formal prerequisites for this Working at Height Training Course.
Working at Height Training Course Overview
Working at Height refers to any place (excluding permanent stairs at workplaces) where a person could be injured if they fell from it, whether above or below ground level. The common causes of Working at Height include fall from ladders, roofs, through fragile surfaces, etc. Anyone who manages work at height can be held responsible and liable for faulty equipment and accidents due to height related work. That is why protecting personnel Working at Height using adequate precautions and measures is necessary for employers. This training helps organisations and professionals to efficiently identify working at height risks and diminish the risk of severe injuries. Pursuing this training course will help learners climb the ladder of success in terms of value and career opportunities.
This 1-day Working at Height Training course covers all the essential topics by which delegates will become familiar with the risks and hazards of Working at Height. During this training, they will learn about safety tips for working at heights. They will also learn about types of fall protection equipment, fall protection system types, rescue procedure, rescue equipment, use ladders properly, and many more. Our highly professional trainer with years of experience in teaching such courses will conduct this course and help delegates get a comprehensive understanding of working cautiously at height with all safety measures.
This training will cover various essential topics, such as:
- Fall protection system types
- Hazards while working at height
- PPE during fall
- Medical assistance
After attending the Working at Height Training course, delegates will be able to protect their co-workers while Working at Height effectively. They will also be able to make a rescue plan for emergencies and handle working at height risks.
Delegates can also choose our other popular courses like Manual Handling at Work , Health and Safety in the Workplace , and more from our Health & Safety in the Workplace Training section to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
What’s included in this Working at Height Training Course?
- World-Class Training Sessions from Experienced Instructors
- Working at Height Training Certificate
- Digital Delegate Pack
Why choose us
Our newcastle venue.
To make sure you’re always connected we offer completely free and easy to access wi-fi.
To keep you comfortable during your course we offer a fully air conditioned environment.
Full IT support
IT support is on hand to sort out any unforseen issues that may arise.
This location has full video conferencing equipment.
Newcastle, officially called Newcastle upon Tyne, is a city located in Tyne and Wear, North East England. It is 277 miles (446 km) north of London and 103 miles (166 km) south of Edinburgh. The city was founded in the 2 nd Century and now had a population of approximately 290,000 citizens. There are nearly 20 schools that are Local Education Authorities (LEAs) schools, seven independent schools, and several state schools including Walker Technology College, Gosforth High School, St. Mary's Catholic Comprehensive School, St Cuthbert's High School, and Heaton Manor School. Newcastle College is home to the largest general further education college with approximately 45,000 students. Newcastle also offers two primary state-Catholic run high schools: St Cuthbert's High School and Sacred Heart. Newcastle has two universities Newcastle University and Northumbria University. Newcastle University was establishes in 1882 as the School of Medicine and Surgery; it teaches over 22,000 students. Northumbria University was established in 1969 and was formally known as Newcastle Polytechnic and has over 29,000 students. Popular searched areas in and around Newcastle include:-
- Chapel House
- Cobalt Business Park
- Grange Park
- Kingston Park
Jesmond Dene Conference Centre Millfield House Newcastle Upon Tyne NE7 7BQ
Ways to take this course
Our easy to use Virtual platform allows you to sit the course from home with a live instructor. You will follow the same schedule as the classroom course, and will be able to interact with the trainer and other delegates.
- See trainer’s screen
- Recording & transcripts
- Virtual whiteboard
- Share documents
- Works on all devices
Our fully interactive online training platform is compatible across all devices and can be accessed from anywhere, at any time. All our online courses come with a standard 90 days access that can be extended upon request. Our expert trainers are constantly on hand to help you with any questions which may arise.
- Unlimited mock exam attempts --> Certificates provided online
- Get immediate access on purchase
This is our most popular style of learning. We run courses in 1200 locations, across 200 countries in one of our hand-picked training venues, providing the all important ‘human touch’ which may be missed in other learning styles.
Highly experienced trainers
All our trainers are highly qualified, have 10+ years of real-world experience and will provide you with an engaging learning experience.
State of the art training venues
We only use the highest standard of learning facilities to make sure your experience is as comfortable and distraction-free as possible
Small class sizes
We limit our class sizes to promote better discussion and ensuring everyone has a personalized experience
Great value for money
Get more bang for your buck! If you find your chosen course cheaper elsewhere, we’ll match it!
This is the same great training as our classroom learning but carried out at your own business premises. This is the perfect option for larger scale training requirements and means less time away from the office.
Tailored learning experience
Our courses can be adapted to meet your individual project or business requirements regardless of scope.
Maximise your training budget
Cut unnecessary costs and focus your entire budget on what really matters, the training.
Team building opportunity
This gives your team a great opportunity to come together, bond, and discuss, which you may not get in a standard classroom setting.
Monitor employees progress
Keep track of your employees’ progression and performance in your own workspace.
Some of our worldclass trainers
Title, job roles, etc
Retro occupy organic, stumptown shabby chic pour-over roof party DIY normcore. Actually artisan organic occupy, Wes Anderson ugh whatever pour-over gastropub selvage.
What our customers are saying
He is totally best because he knows what he is doing.
YOSEPH EVARISTO NGWENYA
Working at height training | health and safety - in newcastle faqs, what are the types of equipment used for protection from falls while working at height, what are the prerequisites, who should attend this course, what are the various sort of rescue equipment, what are the types of fall protection systems, what is ce marking, what will i learn during the working at height training course, what is the cost/training fees for working at height training certification in newcastle, which is the best training institute/provider of working at height training in newcastle, what are the best health & safety in the workplace courses in newcastle.
Best price in the industry
You won't find better value in the marketplace. If you do find a lower price, we will beat it.
Many delivery methods
Flexible delivery methods are available depending on your learning style.
High quality resources
Resources are included for a comprehensive learning experience.
"Really good course and well organised. Trainer was great with a sense of humour - his experience allowed a free flowing course, structured to help you gain as much information & relevant experience whilst helping prepare you for the exam"
Joshua Davies, Thames Water
"...the trainer for this course was excellent. I would definitely recommend (and already have) this course to others."
Diane Gray, Shell
Looking for more information on health & safety in the workplace.
- Upcoming classes
- Package deals
SELECT AN UPCOMING CLASS View all package deals
Get a custom course package
We may not have any package deals available including this course. If you enquire or give us a call on 01344203999 and speak to our training experts, we should be able to help you with your requirements.
Best price guaranteed!
Your privacy & cookies!
Work Safely at Heights - RIIWHS204E
Work safely at heights - course summary.
The Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204E) course is designed to provide students with the skills and techniques to safely work at heights in the telecommunications, resource, and infrastructure industries.
The course is based on the requirements of the Regulations, Codes of Practices and National Standards applicable for persons working at heights. The course includes identifying possible risks and hazards, accessing and installing appropriate equipment, selecting reliable anchor systems, and cleaning up the work area.
Our fee is $250 per person . Ask us about costs for on-site courses.
Next Course Dates
12:30pm start - tuesday 31st october 2023, 12:30pm start - thursday 16th november 2023, 12:30pm start - sunday 19th november 2023, need it sooner or different date give us a call, we will try and help., who is this course for.
The course is suitable for anyone required to work at heights for example, riggers, construction workers, or operators of Elevated Work Platforms.
Want to save yourself $30 ?... Bring a friend and pay in advance - We'll give you both $30 off!
About the course.
Our regularly scheduled courses are conducted at our Mayfield ( MAP ) premises. Typically we try to run a course every second week.
Participants will receive appropriate training to safely work at heights.
There are no pre-requisites to this course, although students must be 16 years of age or older, and a reasonable level of fitness and agility is recommended. NB: Students under 18 are required to have parental or guardian consent.
How do I make a Booking?... It's easy! Check out our Booking Guide for more details.
123 Training Solutions conduct the Work Safely at Heights course in partnership and on behalf of Admire Workplace Safety Pty Ltd (RTO Number: 91330).
Students will learn to:
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures ad instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
The course covers the selection, fit, use, and maintenance of heights safety equipment, including:
- Fall arrest devices
- Ropes and static lines
- Tripods and davits
- Anchorage points
Maximum class size is limited to 14 people.
Participants are required to be 16 years of age to enrol in a Working at Heights course. Please note that for any participants who are under 18, a parent or guardian is required to also sign the enrollment form.
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency: RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
On Site Courses
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Call or email for details on price structure, and available dates.
The working safely at heights training takes approximately 6 hours depending on class size and individuals prior knowledge and experience.
Main Newcastle Premises: 123 Training Solutions - 18 Gavey Street, Mayfield NSW 2304
$250 per person - ask us about reduced rates for group bookings
- Payment is due prior to commencing training and can be done either online beforehand or in person on the day.
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to footer
Maxwell Recruitment & Training
Labour Hire, Recruitment & Training. Newcastle & Hunter.
Work Safely at Heights Refresher Training – Newcastle, NSW
Work Safely at Heights Refresher (½ day)
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights
This Work Safely at Heights refresher course covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task, accessing and installing equipment, performing work at heights and cleaning up the work area. This course is appropriate for operators working at heights.
Note: For most of our coursework, students will be provided iPads to complete assessments and forms.
View Course Details
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at heights
- RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights or its predecessor
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documents and procedures and perform basic calculations
- Students are required to pass an LLN assessment
- Theory: classroom based, including PowerPoint presentations, trainer demonstrations and group discussions
- Practical: using height safety equipment in multiple simulated work activities
- Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
- Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
- It is recommended that students wear the following PPE supplied by themselves: hard hats, long clothing(jeans acceptable), steel cap boots, and gloves.
- Note: all course resource materials are provided
- To view/download the Student Information Handbook, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Complaints and Appeals Policy, go to the Student Resources page
- To view/download the Fee and Refund Policy, go to the Student Resources page
Bookings/Enquiries Please telephone us on 1300 MAXWEL for upcoming Course dates and for bookings .
Book Training Now
To book, email us at [email protected] or call 1300 MAXWEL (1300 629 935). Here are upcoming course dates:
Contact Us To Book
. “This heights training was VERY professional and very informing. Excellent presentation.” – Josh, Student
. “The trainer was exceptionally clear on all content, well spoken, and didn’t carry on with any unnecessary stuff. Probably the best trainer to date.” – Daniel, Student
. “Best training facility I have been to. Everything was easy from enrolment, and u can even park!” – Eris, Student
About Maxwell Training
Maxwell Training Pty Ltd t/as Maxwell Recruitment & Training (RTO 41350) delivers nationally recognised training courses under the AQF. Our state-of-the-art training facility features our custom-engineered training simulator, which closely simulates the work environment.
- 1300 990 810
- Student Login
- QLD Brisbane Gold Coast SE QLD Central QLD
- VIC Melbourne
No region selected
- Working at Heights and Confined Space Combined
Combine and save! Equips workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work at height, perform basic risk assessments and enter a confined space to conduct work under an issued permit. Online + hands on practical.
Course details, certification.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204E - Work safely at heights
- RIIWHS202E - Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER200 - Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER205 - Enter confined space
Our Working at Heights and Confined Space course is comprised of two components:
- Online learning and assessment (to be completed in your own time and before practical training at our facility): 6-8 hours, comprised of:
- Working at Height theory (3-4 hours)
- Confined Space Entry theory (3-4 hours)
- Hands on practical training and assessment at our facility: 8 hours
IMPORTANT : Students who have not completed both theory components of their training - in full - prior to arrival will be turned away. Our Terms and Conditions will apply.
- $350.00 pp for public courses
- Only need Work Safely at Heights? From $229, click here for more information and to book
- Only need Confined Space? From $215, click here for more information and to book
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people in heights and confined space than any other provider in Australia.
This course combines both Work Safely at Heights with Confined Space Entry training to meet the specific needs of employers, industries and workers in Australia.
This is an initial training course in these disciplines and is suitable for both workers without prior experience, or workers who have completed this training many times before. Because of the online learning components, we recommend this course to those participants with strong computer literacy skills. If you’re not the best with computers - no problem! We also offer each of these courses in a 100% face-to-face format. For the 100% face-to-face Work Safely at Heights course, click here . For the 100% face-to-face Confined Space course, click here .
What is a Confined Space?
According to the Safe Work Australia Code of Practice, a “confined space” means an enclosed or partially enclosed space that:
- is not designed or intended primarily to be occupied by a person; and
- is, or is designed or intended to be, at normal atmospheric pressure while any person is in the space; and
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level, or
- contaminants, including airborne gases, vapours and dusts, that may cause injury from fire or explosion, or
- harmful concentrations of any airborne contaminants, or
This course is recommended for:
Course outline, currency of training.
Australian Standard AS2865 recommends refreshing confined space training every 12-24 months.
Industry recommends refresher training for working safely at heights every 12-24 months.
- Access to our online learning platform with interactive learning modules and theory assessment activities for Heights and Confined Spaces
- Access to our dedicated Online Faculty if you require assistance with your online learning
- The freedom to study when you like and at your own pace.
Hands On Practical Component:
- 8 hours of face-to-face training conducted by an experienced heights and confined space specialist
- Hands-on practical training designed to develop safe work practices
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice and Australian Standards relevant to confined spaces and working safely at heights
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
Each Trainee Must Provide
For the pre-course online learning, participants must
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection
- Use a device that can play sound
For the practical component, participants must
- Have completed the pre-course online learning and assessments prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training day
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide their own transport and lunch
- Wear appropriate clothing, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake the practical training, however we actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (IRATA)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
Did a full day yesterday for Working Safely at Heights and Confined Spaces. I had a great day… got all the necessary training to stay safe in the workplace and our trainer Mitch was amazing. Very funny, knowledgable and supportive; made it an enjoyable experience for everyone. The practicals were so much fun and I learnt a lot. Thanks Mitch 😊
Victoria M - Perth, WA
I’ve just completed a combined Working at Heights & Confined Space tickets. Extensive theory process online and very informative. Practical training and test was well presented, Peter was an awesome teacher, made the course run smooth and easy. Excellent training facility, would definitely go back for more training and recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training.
John R. - Cockburn Central, WA
Item added to your cart
Working at height awareness training, course quick view.
- Introduction & Welcome
- Course Aims & Objectives
- Work at Height Regulations
- British & European Standards, ACoP’s & HSE Guidance
- Industry Guidance
- The correct selection and use of any necessary PPE or equipment that may be required
- Common Access Equipment
- Scaffold inspection
- Low-level access
- Hoist & Mast Climbers
- Edge Protection
- Roof work and fragile roofs
- Safety Netting
- Inspection of work equipment
- Personal Fall Protection
- Test Paper (Theory)
- Summary & Close
To give the attendees up to date knowledge of the relevant regulations, codes of practice and good working practices. The course can be tailored to suit clients own arrangements.
A Certificate of Training will be issued to all those who complete the course to a satisfactory standard.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Booking Terms & Conditions
- W@H Safety Solutions Ltd shall provide Training Services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Up until 72 hours before the Training Service is due to commence, W@H Safety Solutions Ltd may, by notice in writing, alter the Training Location provided that the new location is within 5 miles of the original.
- Training delivered at a location organised by the client must be suitable and meet the Awarding Body’s standards.
- TRANSFERS AND CANCELLATIONS
- A 24 hour cooling off period will apply to all bookings where the course is 7 days or more from the booking being received, during this time transfers and cancellations are free of charge but must be notified in writing as per 2.6.
- A transfer can only be made where the Delegate or Client can confirm the new course they wish to attend, transfers cannot be made if the new course is to be confirmed.
- A substitute delegate may be provided as a name change, this is usually free of charge however any costs incurred by W@H Safety Solutions Ltd will be passed on to the Customer.
- Notification of any cancellation, name change, or transfer must be made in writing to W@H Safety Solutions Ltd via email.
- W@H Safety Solutions Ltd reserve the right to cancel, alter or rearrange courses without liability and as they deem necessary. In such an event, attendees will be offered alternative courses or a full refund, except in accordance with 1.2.
- The Charges for the Training Services which are subject to a Booking Form, Proposal or Email shall be due upon booking and shall be paid at least 21 days before the course start date (unless otherwise agreed).
- In the event of a transfer from one course to another the original course date will still serve as the date for payment as per clause 3.1.
- The Client shall pay the Charges without deduction or set-off.
- Sums due under this Agreement are exclusive of VAT which shall be payable by the Client. VAT is chargeable at 20%.
- Charge interest at the statutory interest rate specific in the Late Payment of Commercial Debt (interest) Act 1998; and/or at a rate of 8%.
- Suspend supply of the Training Services by notice in writing until such time that full payment is received (unless otherwise agreed).
- Delay the release of certificates.
- The Delegate may not be able to attend the course.
- In the event W@H Safety Solutions Ltd seek legal advice to recover any debt, all legal fees will be chargeable to the client. Should the matter be issued at County Court interest applies at a daily rate of 8% and court issue fees and other court fees will be recoverable and payable.
- Unless otherwise agreed quotations are valid for 14 days and are subject to change after that period.
- Delegates shall act reasonably throughout the training. W@H Safety Solutions Ltd may remove a delegate from a course, where, in the opinion of the Trainer, which shall be final, the Delegate is behaving unreasonably. In these instances, the invoice will remain fully payable.
- Delegates may not be able to sit the course should they not meet the prerequisites of the course, this includes, but is not limited to, speaking, writing and understanding English, age restrictions and holding the correct certificates.
- Invoices relating to Delegates who are removed from, or unable to sit, the course will still be fully chargeable. Resits are available to delegates who do not pass, but achieve the resit mark, on CITB examinations. A resit fee may be charged and is payable prior to the resit taking place, unless otherwise agreed. Only one resit is allowed per delegate per course.
- Equipment must not be removed from the training environment, any damages by wilful misuse or negligence will be chargeable. Delegates should arrive at the training venue before the start of the course; late arrivals are permitted at the discretion of W@H Safety Solutions Ltd and/or the Trainer. Delegates who arrive late and are not permitted to attend the course will still be required to pay in full.
- Delegates must complete all course paperwork correctly, failure to do so may result in the course not being completed. W@H Safety Solutions Ltd will contact delegates to correct/complete paperwork once only.
- Certificates will be issued following the course, when payment has cleared, to the address on file or electronically.
- Delivery to UK addresses and delivery outside of the UK will incur a £10 + VAT charge. This must be paid before posting. The certificate belongs to the delegate and should not be withheld by the Client or third part booking agent. Duplicate hard copy certificates must be requested in writing and will be chargeable. Delegates under the age of 18 at the time of training must bring a letter of consent from a parent / guardian.
- The Charges are determined on the basis of the limits and liability set out in these terms and conditions. The Client may, by written notice to W@H Safety Solutions Ltd, request W@H Safety Solutions Ltd to propose a higher limit of liability subject to an increase in the charge.
- In no event shall W@H Safety Solutions Ltd be liable for (whether direct or indirect) any loss of contracts, profits, anticipated savings, revenue, goodwill, business loss and corruption of data or software programs, financing expenses, interruption in the use or availability of data, stoppage to other work or consequential losses, nor for any indirect losses.
- Subject to Clause 4.6, W@H Safety Solutions Ltd liability shall not exceed charges.
- The other party is immediately notified of any claim and has full power to negotiate and settle any claims.
- The total liability of each party to the other for damage to tangible property, whether personal or real, shall be limited to £2,000,000 in respect of each event or connected series of events and an annual aggregate of £5,000,000.
- Each provision of this Clause shall survive independently.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall operate to limit or exclude any liability of W@H Safety Solutions Ltd which may not be excluded and or limited by law.
- Clause 7 shall apply before and after any termination of this Agreement.
- In the case of In-House Training, the parties shall carry public liability insurance for a minimum amount of £2,000,000 for each and every claim and shall provide evidence of this cover upon request.
- W@H Safety Solutions Ltd may make reference to a Clients contract within any proposal to further Clients, provided only fundamental facts are divulged and not proprietary and confidential information.
- W@H Safety Solutions Ltd may store the names of the Delegates for the purpose of delivering the service and advising them of the availability of courses in the future.
- No offer or discount can be used in conjunction with another offer or discount, unless agreed in writing by a W@H Safety Solutions Ltd Director.
- The Client shall ensure that it has in place all necessary consents in connection with Personal Data to allow W@H Safety Solutions Ltd at all times to perform the Training Services without infringing any third-party rights.
- W@H Safety Solutions Ltd warrants to the Client that it will only use the Personal data for the purposes of carrying out its obligations hereunder and that it will ensure that all reasonable and appropriate security measures are in place to protect the Personal Data. Furthermore, W@H Safety Solutions Ltd will destroy the Personal Data upon written demands from the Client where possible, and further, that it has in all respects complied with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and any amendments to or re-enactments thereof.
- W@H Safety Solutions Ltd is a registered organisation with the Information Commissioners Office and holds a data protection certificate.
- All intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents and design arising in connection with this Agreement and shall belong to and remain vested in W@H Safety Solutions Ltd and the Client shall execute any document necessary for this purpose.
- The parties shall comply with all applicable health and safety legislation and codes of practice.
- if the other party makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or enters into administration (whether or not pursuant to a court order) or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt or (being a company) goes into liquidation or is deemed under Section123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 to be unable to pay its debts or is dissolved
- and / or if the other party fails to remedy a material breach of the Agreement within 30 days of written notice identifying the breach and notifying of an intention to terminate;
- and / or if an encumbrancer takes possession, or a received or administrative received is appointed, of any of the property or assets of the party;
- and / or the other party threatens to cease to carry on business.
- This Agreement is personal to the Client and may not be assigned by the Client in whole or in part.
- Neither party shall be responsible for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations under this Agreement (other than the obligation to make payments of money) due to any force majeure event including, Act of God, refusal of license (other than as a result of any act or omission of W@H Safety Solutions Ltd) or other Government act, fire explosion, embargo, terrorism, civil disturbance, accident, epidemics, lightning damage, electromagnetic interference, radio interference, strikes industrial dispute, or any other cause beyond its reasonable control.
- The Client shall not during the term of this Agreement and for six months thereafter, entice or solicit for employment with it, or any other entity, any Trainer or Employee who has been engaged to provide the Training Services.
- This Agreement sets out the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous arrangements, agreements and representations whether written, oral or implied between the Client and W@H Safety Solutions Ltd relating to the Training Services.
- Any amendments to this Agreement shall be in writing.
- This Agreement shall be effective upon signature by the parties or by requesting training services from W@H Safety Solutions Ltd.
- Third parties have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999, or any amendment to, or re-enactment of it, to enforce any provision of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have sole jurisdiction.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
News & Offers
The working at height training experts.
Taking Training to New Heights - We ARE the Working at Height Experts.
Due to increased activity we have added dates and have good availability on many of our Working at Height (WAH) training courses in Aberdeen in July and August.
Our purpose-built facilities are the envy of the competition and our instructors are friendly, knowledgeable and experts in their field with years of real life experience. So make sure you are training with The Real Experts.
PPE User (Unit 2)
Use of Rescue Equipment (Unit 3)
Practical Management of WAH (Unit 7)
ROPE ACCESS COURSES
IRATA Rope Access (Level 1, 2 or 3)
(NOTE: IRATA RA is offered via our sister company AIS Training and is available in Aberdeen or Newcastle)
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
We can schedule dates on request (subject to minimum numbers) and can even train at your facility/installation anywhere in the world. Please don't hesitate to get in touch to discuss your bespoke requirements; Email [email protected] or call +44 (0)1224 794 800.
BROWSE ALL COURSES
BROWSE PACKAGES & OFFERS
Latest from Survivex
3t energy group secures training contract with wales & west utilities, meet the team – firefighting instructor tony hardy, former navy submarine engineer james dives into offshore career, judging begins to decide #pictureperfectworkface winners.
It looks like you're using an old browser - to get the best out of your experience on the AIS Training website and training course planner we recommend you upgrade your web browser. This will also enhance your experience elsewhere on the internet.
For information on the latest browser versions, visit Browse Happy
Many thanks, The team at AIS Training
Working at Height - Unit 2 PPE User
Working at Height (Unit 2 PPE User)
Working at height training courses have been developed by AIS Training from the ground up.
It is imperative for anyone who operates at height to have an advanced understanding of the methods and equipment used, as well as the potential risks of working at height.
AIS Training have therefore developed working at height training that aims to help businesses and individuals meet the demands of UK safety legislations, and increase workforce competence, awareness, safety and productivity.
The Unit 2 PPE User - Working at Height training course is an exciting programme catered towards those whose who work above ground at any level.
Delegates will learn the correct procedures to be followed when working at height, including the relevant statutory requirements, the hazards of working at height and the equipment used.
The training practical experience of working at height in a variety of environments, with courses delivered to the highest standard by professional, industry experienced training staff.
AIS Training continuously assess and update working at height training courses in line with new regulations and health and safety requirements.
Delegates completing a Unit 2 PPE User - Working at Height training course will be able to;
- Understand legislation and equipment standards
- Correct use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Understand different PPE purposes
A Working at Unit 2 PPE User - Working at Height training course includes;
- Working at height legislation
- Working at height categories
- Hierarchy of measures
- Equipment legislation
- Equipment inspection and maintenance
- Selection and safe use of equipment
- Fall and impact forces
- Rescue provision
There are no prerequisites for a Unit 2 PPE User - Working at Height training course.
Working at Height
AIS Training also deliver:
- Working at Height Training - Unit 1 Height Safety and Harness Awareness
- Working at Height Training - Unit 3 Use of Rescue Equipment
- Working at Height Training - Unit 4 Managers and Supervisors
- Working at Height Training - Unit 6 PFPE Inspection
- Working at Height Training - Unit 7 Practical Management of Working at Height
ROV Operator  >
Medic  >, drilling engineer  >, ndt technician  >, insulation and fireproofer  >, rigger and crane operator  >, emergency response team  >, welder  >, rigger  >, fabric maintenance technician  >, rope access technician  >, electrician  >, mechanical fitter  >, scaffolder  >, pipe fitter  >, electrical engineer  >, mechanical engineer  >, hydraulic engineer  >, blade repair technician   >.
Scaffolding Starter Package
This starter package includes the basic training courses required to start a career in scaffolding.
- More information
OPITO Rigger Initial Training
OPITO Rigger training courses are widely recognised as the industry standard training for offshore rigging and lifting operations.
OPITO Rigger Initial is for those who have little or no training or experience.
Next course starts
Related courses, do you have a question.
Interested in booking this course but need to firm a few things up? Call our booking team on 0330 202 0569 or drop them a message using the button below and we’ll get back to you.
Travelling from outside the UK?
We welcome delegates from all around the world to our training village in Newcastle Upon Tyne. AIS Training is strategically placed close to major transport links including an airport and train station. We even have an on-site hotel to make it easy as possible for delegates to train with us.
Recently viewed courses
1 day from £317.00, newcastle, aberdeen, teesside, fri 10 nov 2023.
- Cancellation Policy
- SkillsPass for Workers
- SkillsPass for Employers
- Confined Space Rescue Mobile Unit
- Online E-Learning Courses
- Working at Heights Refresher Training
- Confined Space Attendant Training
- Confined Space Rescue Technician Level 1 Training
- Confined Space Entry and Awareness Training
- ASERT Fire & Spills
- Basic Rigging Fundamentals Training
- Cannabis in the Workplace Course
- Chainsaw Safety Training
- Fire Safety & Indoor Fire Extinguisher Simulator Training
- First Aid Training
- Forklift Training Class 1 to 5
- Hand Tool Safety and Awareness Training
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Certification
- Ladder Safety Training Course
- Overhead Crane Operator Training
- Mobile Elevated Work Platform Training
- Propane Awareness
- Respect in the Workplace Training
- Spill Containment & Fire Extinguisher Training
- Traffic Control Person
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training
- Young and New Workers Awareness Training
- Truck Training
- 24/7 Confined Space Rescue Services
- Shutdown Staff Specialists
- Safety & Training Management
- Safety Consulting
- Rescue Plan Development
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Training Program Development
- Corporate Orientations
- Register for Training!
Working At Heights
register today >>, cpo approved.
Our Working at Heights training program was created and developed by NATT Safety Services and is CPO approved.
The aim for this training is to create the easiest and safest solution when working at heights.
This training allows you to recognize and avoid hazards associated with working at heights.
Working at Heights Training Course Outline
Duration: 8 hours Maximum Participants: 12 The Working at Heights training program at NATT Safety Services will consist of both a theory (classroom) portion and a practical portion. You will be evaluated on both (outlined below). Participants receive a certificate with an expiry date of 3 years. You will be taught in the following categories:
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Identification of the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Eliminating or Controlling the Hazards of Working at Heights
- Warning Methods and Physical Barriers
- Ladders and Similar Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection EquipmentYou must achieve an 80% or higher on the written evaluation in order to successfully complete the course.
- Barriers and Other Fixed Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Work Access Equipment and Platforms
- Rescue PlanningYou must achieve a 100% or higher on the practical evaluation to successfully complete the course.
- Safety glasses
- Long sleeve top
- Full length pants
Download the course PDF
Valid for 3 years.
Working at heights training is valid for three (3) years from the date of successful completion of an approved program. All learners who wish to maintain the validity of their working at heights training past this three year period need to successfully complete refresher training.
WORKING AT HEIGHTS REFRESHER TRAINING
Working at heights refresher training reinforces key learning outcomes for workers who are exposed to the danger of falling from heights on construction projects. All workers who work at heights on construction projects must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of the correct use of fall protection equipment.
Working at heights refresher training is the practical module of the working at heights training program (section 9.2 of the Working at Heights Training Program Standard). The minimum duration for training delivery of the practical module is three and a half (3.5) hours.
Interested in Working at Heights training? Do you require your Working at Heights refresher training? Sign up for our next WAH training session.
If you require your Working at Heights training or Working at Heights Refresher training, contact us today to register for the next course.
Question? Send us a message >
Minisrtry of labour approved, working at heights training and working at heights refresher courses.
Our full Working at Heights course is valid for a 3-year period from date of successful completion. Avoid your certification from expiring by completing our Working at Heights Refresher Course.
Working at Heights training in Sudbury and Espanola, throughout Northern Ontario and now offered in Southern Ontario.
CPO- Approved Working at Heights Training
Pursuant to the authority under subsection 7.2(1) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), NATT Safety Services has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer as a training provider to deliver the approved working at heights program – Working at Heights – Fundamentals of Fall Prevention (WAH) that has been approved pursuant to subsection 7.1(1) of the OHSA. The approval is posted on the MOL website as an approved vendor.
Our full Working at Heights Training course and the Working at Heights Training Refresher Course offered by NATT Safety Services are both approved by the Ministry of Labour Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) of Ontario. The Ontario Ministry of Labour mandated October 1, 2017 as the final date that employers must have had their workers successfully complete a working at heights (WAH) training, CPO-approved program. If you’ve completed your Working at Heights training over 3 years ago, you are required to complete a Working at Heights refresher course.
- Proud Member of the Timmins Construction Association
- Safety Training for Canadian Nuclear Laboratories in Ottawa!
- Working at Heights Refresher? Check Your Eligibility First
- Confined Space Rescue Training
- Mobile confined space rescue unit now offering safety training across Ontario
Search Our Site
- Working at Heights Training
- Safety Training Catalogue
- Safety Training Ottawa
For more safety training tips and industry updates including Working at Heights training and Confined Spaces training, follow us on social media!
NATT Safety Services
© 2023 NATT Safety Services. NATT Safety Services is part of the TPS Group of Companies . Website by The Social Launch .
- South Africa
- Health and Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Working At Height
Working at Heights
Working at Heights training is offered by Newcastle Hoists And Engineering Services.Newcastle Hoists & Engineering Services (SA)(PTY)(LTD) together with an accredited training authority now offers a wide variety of training.
Contact the Institutes
- About the Course
- About Institute
Working at Heights training is offered by Newcastle Hoists And Engineering Services.Newcastle Hoists & Engineering Services (SA)(PTY)(LTD) together with an accredited training authority now offers a wide variety of training.
Training is focused on the development of training programs and unit standards that use current practises that remains implementable. The training is based on the principles and lessons learned in history. We offer RPL and novice training.
Newcastle Hoists and Engineering Services was established in 1988 in response to a need in the area for a company supplying, maintaining and repairing lifting equipment. After 34 years we still offer unlimited committed quality service to our customers and the industry.
The company, founded by Selwyn Low and his wife Stephanie, services the KwaZulu-Natal and southern Mpumalanga area in both the mining and industrial sectors. We are however, not area bound, and will service customers wherever our services are required.
We are currently a Level 2 BBB-EE company as per Act No. 46 of 2013 Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Amendment Act, 2013.
Michael Low, is currently our General manager, and has been in the industry in excess of 20 years. He is a registered LMI, with ECSA, and controls the full function of our Administration as well as the workshop, including repairs of all lifting equipment, load testing and inspections as required by legislation.
Our workshop staff, led by Victor Van Breda, who is a registered LMI , are also qualified Lifting Tackle Inspectors and are able to carry out Lifting Tackle Inspections as required by the current regulations. Victor has in excess of 12 years experience in the lifting field with the company.
We maintain an excellent service to meet the demands of major industry, and the workshop has been approved by clients such as Arcelormittal and Eskom.
Check out more working at height courses in south africa.
Forklift training is offered by Brilliant Basics Training. Brilliant Basics is by far the most comprehensive and quality oriented SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) solution. Companies wishing to improve their overall SHEQ status need look no further.
- Price Inquire Now
- Start Date Inquire Now
- Duration Please Enquire
Working At Heights
Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when Working at Height. This program is geared towards workers physically erecting scaffolding and includes any working at heights scenario.
Superlink Trailer Truck Operator Training
The superlink trailer truck operator training is a 7 days course that includes both theory and practicals. We train on road straight driving and reverse.
- Price R9000
- Duration 7 Days
IWH Fall Arrest & Basic Rescue Level 2 Course
In this course we include all the theory and practical from the Fall Arrest Level 1 course and then build on top of that. In addition to the Fall Arrest Level 1 Course material, you will learn a range of skills and theory including safe installation practices of lifelines, the relevance of the fall
- Price R2250
- Duration 2 Days
Front End Loader
Front End Loader Training is a course, designed to introduce students to the basic controls and capabilities of a front end loader. This is an introductory course and, as such, the course content is geared toward entry-level students.
Important Legal Notice: Coursetakers.com participates in Affiliate Programs and this page contains affiliate links. Coursetakers is compensated for referring users to these companies.
- Upload Your Courses
- How It Works
- Coursetakers News
- Coursetakers News - UAE
- Delivery and Refund Policy
Get in touch with all the institutes
Claim this institute profile.