- Rules/Help/FAQ Help/FAQ
- Members Current visitors
- Interface Language
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
- English Only
on the paper vs in the paper
- Thread starter flyingwitch
- Start date Mar 23, 2020
- Mar 23, 2020
Hello. A text is written 1) "on a paper" or 2) "in a paper"? Hypothesis: I think that 1) is correct here. I have also been told by a native, that 2) "in the paper" is possible to use when reffering to what is written in a newspaper... Is that true? Thank you.
Yes: 'on the paper' is on (the surface of) one sheet of paper. Something is 'in the paper' = 'in the newspaper', because a newspaper has many sheets, like a book, so things are in (or inside) it.
Some words are written on a piece of paper. (Paper = the material you write on) The details of a scientific experiment are written in a paper. (Paper = an academic document). There are many articles in a newspaper.
lewinwitch said: A text is written 1) "on a paper" or 2) "in a paper"? Click to expand...
Register to get your text revised right away for FREE ⚡
Today more than 1001 people got their English checked.
By continuing to use this website, you agree to our Terms of Service .
Get a FREE revision 🎁
Register a new account, welcome back, confirm your email.
Please click the link that we've sent to this address to post your question to our experts. Ok, I'll check my email
not your email? Change it now
Set a new email
Here you can set your new address email. Remember to use a valid email address. We will send you an email to confirm your account.
Facebook Login Discontinued
Unfortunately, the Facebook login method has been discontinued.
To access your TextRanch account, please click the "Reset Password" button below and input your Facebook Email. Our team will send you an email with further instructions.
If you don't remember your email, please fill out this form .
Your text is being reviewed by one of our Experts. We will notify you when your revision is ready.
Or wait in this page
Leave this page open, and your corrected text will appear as soon as it's ready!
You need to add a payment method to get our special promo ⚡
Enter your email below to get instant access to the first Chapter of our Ebook
Downloaded more than 1320 times today.
Add payment method
NOTE: Credits are valid for one year.
We're so happy that you liked your revision! Your feedback helps us improve our service. Want more FREE revisions ? 🎁
Step 1 out of 2!
Like us on Facebook by clicking the like button below:
Last step (2/2)
Share TextRanch on Facebook by clicking on the button below.
Congrats! You've just earned 3 credits!
Closing your account will prevent you from accessing your past revisions, and you will no longer be eligible for a FREE daily revision.
There is no cost to keep your TextRanch account, and we store all of your past revisions in a secure and private manner.
Help us understand
If we didn't meet your expectations, we'd really like to know more. Please tell us why you are closing your account:
The best way to perfect your writing.
Discover why 1,026,573 users count on TextRanch to get their English corrected!
1. Input your text below. 2. Get it corrected in a few minutes by our editors. 3. Improve your English!
One of our experts will correct your English.
to write on paper vs to write on a paper
A complete search of the internet has found these results:
to write on paper is the most popular phrase on the web.
to write on paper
1,460,000 results on the web
Some examples from the web:
- They just called us early, and I don't know what to write on the paper .
- You ought to write a paper on that, Professor.
- With your caseload, I can't believe you have time to write a paper on feathering in blood swipes.
- I have to write a paper on George Cukor and French other films.
- What to write my paper on , I know.
- Bleuler asked me... to write a paper on the case for the International Conference.
- Regardless of the surgery, I want to write my own paper on this.
- This is a very bad precedent for the European Commissioner, given that he is about to write a White Paper on a food safety agency.
- I woke the other night thinking of all the other students that have come before us and were asked to write a paper on Romeo and Juliet.
- Our assignment was to write a paper on a book of our choice.
- Loser has to write all the paper on every case for the rest of the month.
- I don't want to hear any more, either! I'm trying to write a paper on the pros and cons of circumcision.
- Well, little Ducky Wucky... who writes on paper napkins, how do you feel?
- I have to write that paper for Matthews by tomorrow.
- He used to pay me in frozen burritos To write his papers .
- The Kirkland Archeological Society wants me to write a paper about its discovery.
- She wanted to write her paper .
- Write on the paper everything you have done.
- I told my mom you were bringing by a book I need to write my paper .
- We've got orders to write a paper explaining why we're not advancing.
to write on a paper
1,360,000 results on the web
- You and the straggly-haired one get up early to write names on a piece of paper .
- Instead of making cases, he wants us to write a paper and take the door.
- I want you to write a paper exploring these issues presented almost 100 years ago and how they've changed or not changed since then.
- Please don't tell me we have to write a paper about it.
- And I still have a paper to write .
- I'm cooking dinner and waiting for John to get up from his nap, while I try to write a paper that's due tomorrow and catch up online with what I missed in class today.
- You have to, 'cause I have to write a paper about it.
- I have a paper to write , for English.
- And I've got three briefs to write , plus a paper for torts and a contracts exam tomorrow.
Thanks to TextRanch, I was able to score above 950 on TOEIC, and I got a good grade on ACTFL OPIC as well. + Read the full interview
I love TextRanch because of the reliable feedback. The editors' comments are helpful and the customer service is amazing. + Read the full interview
TextRanch has helped me to improve my written skills as well as to communicate more naturally, like a local English speaker. + Read the full interview
TextRanch is amazingly responsive and really cares about the client. It's the best online service that I have ever used! + Read the full interview
I started to use TextRanch when I began to learn English. It has been an awesome way to improve my English skills. + Read the full interview
I love that TextRanch editors are real people who revise the text and provide feedback – it makes it so personal. + Read the full interview
I sometimes wonder if my English expressions make sense clearly and TextRanch helps me a lot in such cases. + Read the full interview
TextRanch has been really helpful in improving the flow and repairing the structure of my sentences. + Read the full interview
“Faster than AI"
“This was very helpful and I personally think this site is the best."
“It was extremely thorough and very helpful!"
“7 years without any disappointment. Always 100% satisfied. You guys are the best in the world at what you do. Thank you so much :)"
“In a world of text messages and online communication, this is great to have as a live tool. Thank you."
“Without textranch I would be stuck!"
“Accuracy and fast response. Personal comments from editor. Thank you."
“I wasn't aware of this service, it's fascinating and more reliable than standard IA tools available on the internet"
“The fact that you can get reliable fast feedback on your texts."
“you guys are better than grammarly i'm being honest here"
“OMG! This is really good than any other text correction tools I've used so far. Highly recommend this."
“Very fast and accurate. thank you."
“I love this app because it's help to writing skills all of students ♥️"
“This was exactly the mistake I was looking for, the wording dind´t sound right at first. Better than grammarly!"
“The immediate help that I received was reassuring and very satisfactory. Thanks."
“this helps A LOT for my studies."
“Woow!! I would never have expected such precision! Thank you soooo much!!"
“Real Time Editor and not AI. Many Thanks."
“The very first thing excites me about Textranch is how much your editors care."
“The fact that texts are checked by human editors rather than by AI, etc. I appreciate this!"
“Feel welcome, immediate response, high quality feedback"
“This is the best app that I have ever seen"
“Quick response and got what I intend to say. Grammar correction is excellent because the meaning is retained."
“Excellent, I truly loved this textRanch for quick revision. This textRanch for quick revision is a 10/10 for me."
⚡️Ask our Editor now.
Fresh content for your texts, so you can be more professional.
estimated time: 30 minutes , directly in your inbox
Want to improve your English business writing?
More than 150,000 people like you receive our weekly newsletter to master their English skills!
Why choose TextRanch?
Lowest prices Up to 50% lower than other online editing sites.
Fastest Times Our team of editors is working for you 24/7.
Qualified Editors Native English experts for UK or US English.
Top Customer Service We are here to help. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
Which one is correct? > write it down in the paper OR write in down on the paper? See a translation
- Report copyright infringement
- English (US) Near fluent
- Filipino Near fluent
write it down on the paper
On the paper / on your paper.
- What is the difference between write down and jot down ?
- If not, how to write is the best? Does this sound natural?
- What is the difference between write of and write ?
- 'He....(not be) here since Christmas. I wonder where he....(live) since then.' how to open the verb?
- I am thinking of doing my club activities all summer. I belong to iaido club. Iaido is budo tha...
- what is correct? Where are you study? Or Where do you study? Thank you.
- How would you reply when someone say like "how is your week going?" Show me some useful phrases....
- How to respond to "I hope you are doing well"?
- you promised to come with us ( I know this sentence is correct ) it is okay if I add an object...
- Hi, can I ask if the following sentences sound natural? 🤔 (1) The harder you work, the more lik...
- I need...all the power I’ll ever have. What does ”ever” mean in this sentence?
- Do Americans or Canadians use the expression "so-so"? For example: How are you doing? So so.
- Hi there! Do you have Telegram? I really want to practice and improve my English level . And I v...
- When someone ate the apple on the table, and later he was trying to find out the owner of the app...
- Which is more natural I can sleep hungry I can sleep even when I'm hungry
- Which preposition goes with "lifetime"? In or on?
- Does this sentence sound natural : I like roller costers, but some of them make me nautious. I do...
- How do you say this in Korean? I need to take an MRI at the hospital
- What does välmenande människor mean?
The Language Level symbol shows a user's proficiency in the languages they're interested in. Setting your Language Level helps other users provide you with answers that aren't too complex or too simple.
Has difficulty understanding even short answers in this language.
Can ask simple questions and can understand simple answers.
Can ask all types of general questions and can understand longer answers.
Can understand long, complex answers.
Show your appreciation in a way that likes and stamps can't.
By sending a gift to someone, they will be more likely to answer your questions again!
If you post a question after sending a gift to someone, your question will be displayed in a special section on that person’s feed.
Solve your problems more easily with the app!
- Find the answer you're looking for from 45 million answers logged!
- Enjoy the auto-translate feature when searching for answers!
- It’s FREE!!
- Which one is correct? ...
Apps & Services
- Bamboo Paper
- Wacom Notes
Why it is important to write on paper: The pen is mightier than the keyboard
In an age when technology is king, it might seem counterintuitive to use a pen and paper when taking notes. But a growing body of evidence has shown that handwritten notes have a distinct advantage over those typed up on a laptop, whether in a classroom setting or during an important meeting at work.
In 2014, researchers from Princeton and UCLA published a joint paper in Psychological Science, ‘The pen is mightier than the keyboard: advantages of longhand over laptop note-taking.’ The findings of the research by Pam A Muller and Daniel M Oppenheimer made for surprising reading. Muller and Oppenheimer conducted three studies with 327 participants, discovering that those who wrote down notes using the traditional method scored better on tests about the subject at hand than those who had typed notes on a computer.
Muller and Oppenheimer found that while those typing up notes got more information down, their tendency to take down what was being said verbatim was the reason for their poorer test scores.
Taking down everything word for word did not allow time for thoughts to be processed, whereas those writing notes on paper using key words, symbols and drawings were able to get down vital information, weed out what wasn’t required and retain it more easily.
Two years later, Audrey and Ruud van der Weel, based at Norway’s University of Trondheim, tried a similar experiment. They measured the brain activity of students trying both note taking methods and found greater stimulation among those using pen and paper. Ruud van der Weel suggested that this was because the brain becomes lazier when typing, while writing using a pen gave extra time to think about what was going to be written down and scope to use methods beyond simply writing words.
Using a laptop for notes can become distracting. As well as having ready access to word processing software, there’s also the temptation to check email, browse the web and spend large parts of a meeting or lecture checking social feeds rather than listening to what’s being said. However, it has been shown that switching off internet access does not improve laptop-based note taking. Add in research that shows using a computer to take notes erects psychological barriers that prevent the free flow of ideas, especially in collaborative workspaces, and it’s clear that opting for pen and paper is a surefire way to boost your productivity and spark your creative mind.
Despite this, there are several technological solutions that can help take paper-based notes to the next level, allowing students and hard-pressed office workers to get their notes into shape on their computer after a lecture or meeting. Converting handwritten notes to text using a digital notepad is one of the best ways. Tools like Bamboo Ink and Bamboo Ink Plus styluses capture your notes digitally – which can then be exported as rich text or DOC files using the Ink to Text feature on the Wacom Inkspace app. These digital files can then be easily saved and backed up for review at a later date, or shared quickly with colleagues.
The research is clear: using a notepad and pen can ensure you think critically about what is being discussed, rather than simply noting down everything that has been said without actually listening or taking anything in, as tends to happen when using a laptop. With the advent of digital notepads and the ability to convert handwritten notes to text, pen and paper look set to be a mainstay of the meeting and classroom for decades to come.
Handwritten notes, digitally transformed. Get started with Bamboo stylus and smartpad.
You’ll enjoy Bamboo Ink’s natural feel while jotting down notes. It’s like putting pen to paper. And it’s so simple to use. To start writing your notes, just tap on the Windows Ink Workspace icon or your favorite apps on the screen – no pairing needed.
Bamboo Ink Write and quickly note ideas on your mobile device with a Wacom stylus.
Shop Bamboo Ink
Bamboo Slate gives you the best of both worlds – the advantages of hand-written notes with the convenience of a digital format. It instantly digitizes your notes and diagrams in remarkable detail – at the simple push of a button. Perfect if you’re sick of typing up your notes.
Bamboo Slate Write with pen on paper and convert your handwritten notes to digital.
Shop Bamboo Slate