Sign in to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as ignored
Sign in to see reasons why you may or may not like this based on your games, friends, and curators you follow.
for children older than 16 years
About this content, track listing, system requirements.
- Storage: 1050 MB available space
- Storage (high-quality audio): Additional 1220 MB available space
©CAPCOM CO., LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
More from Monster Hunter
More like this, what curators say, customer reviews.
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Popular user-defined tags for this product: (?)
Sign in to add your own tags to this product.
Monster Hunter World - Odogaron
Monster Hunter: World - Rotten Vale Theme [Intense Symphonic Metal Cover] by FalKKonE
Contact · Terms of Service © 2023 Theme Plaza Theme Plaza is in no way affiliated with Nintendo or any associated parties. Copyrighted material can be reported using the email in our Terms of Service .
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox Series
- More Systems
- That Rotten Vale battle theme.
- Monster Hunter: World
PlayStation 4 PC Xbox One
- Topic Archived
More Topics from this Board
- Quick Visitor from Eorzea Extreme run please 11 posts, 11/4 5:44PM
- "MHW/5th gen is not necessarily the new standard"-Ryozo 11 posts, 10/31 9:04AM
- HR GS Build before or at Nerg 6 posts, 10/30 1:54AM
- I'm starting over so could use some guidence 4 posts, 10/25 6:34AM
- What are you doing? 47 posts, 10/23 3:48PM
- Investigate the Rotten Vale? Side Quest 3 Answers
- New to MHW, do I need Iceborne? Main Quest 8 Answers
- How to unlock master rank? Main Quest 5 Answers
- How to trigger Troubled Troopers Quest? Side Quest 2 Answers
- Can I play this game without Playstation Plus and go online? General 4 Answers
- View history
- 1 Description
- 2.1 Upper Section
- 2.2 Deeper Section
- 2.3 Acid Pools and the Depths
- 4.4 Special
- 7 References
Description [ ]
The Rotten Vale is a massive area covered in the rotting bones of Elder Dragons and other monsters that have come there to die. It sits at the bottom of the Coral Highlands , though perhaps it is more accurate to say the Coral Highlands grows from the Rotten Vale.
Environments [ ]
The Rotten Vale can be divided into three sections; the third being much smaller in size.
Upper Section [ ]
The upper area near the starting camp is fairly open and mostly inhabited by Radobaan, Hornetaur, and Vespoid. It is mostly made up of large bony structures.
Deeper Section [ ]
The area that can be reached by jumping from the upper section has numerous Girros. Of course, their leader Great Girros lives here, while Odogaron and Radobaan can also be found in the upper and deeper portions of this zone, respectively. In addition, the second camp is located in this section. Effluvium is a big problem from the first portions to the deepest parts of this section. The corpses of Raphinos and, very rarely, Legiana will occasionally fall to this area.
Acid Pools and the Depths [ ]
The depths of the Rotten Vale has acid that can damage hunters. The dens of Odogaron and Vaal Hazak can be found here.
Gallery [ ]
Food Chain [ ]
- Great Girros
- Acidic Glavenus
- Savage Deviljho
- Fulgur Anjanath
- Ebony Odogaron
- Furious Rajang
Special [ ]
- Ruiner Nergigante
- Blackveil Vaal Hazak
- Southern Camp (1) - Starting Camp
- Central Camp (11) - Unlocked automatically
- Though both monsters are considered to be the apexes of the Rotten Vale, Vaal Hazak is considered to be the true ruler of that ecosystem. 
- This gas also makes the monsters that live in the area more aggressive than usual, even timid ones.
- Giant bone structures hang above some areas that a hunter can bring down upon monsters using their Slingers.
- Above the Rotten Vale is the Coral Highlands . 
- Raphinos and Legiana corpses can occasionally fall into specific areas of the Vale. Hunters can carve these carcasses for items. 
- Among the carcasses are the remains of Diablos and Rathian .
- A skull can be seen at the Base Camp.  , and another one can be spotted in the lower areas of the Vale, outside of Vaal Hazak 's lair.
- Tails that seem to belong to them can be seen throughout the Rotten Vale.
- One of their spines composes one of the traversable paths within the Vale.
- Rocks with a blue energy glowing from within them can be found in the lower areas of the Vale, near an Odogaron 's den. Destroying them releases a blue flame that will continuously damage any hunter or monster standing within it.
- The Rotten Vale has acid puddles that damages those who stand in them.
- The Rotten Vale is the graveyard for monsters, including Elder Dragons . Monsters come to this area to die.
- Upon dying, the Elder Dragons dissolve in the effluvium, and their bioenergy accumulates in the earth before eventually crystallizing. This process made the crystalline structures seen in the Elder's Recess and Confluence of Fates .
References [ ]
- ↑ Dive to Monster Hunter World - pg. 355
- 1 Elder Dragon
- 2 MHNow: Armor
- 3 MHRise: Monsters
Rotten vale | monster hunter world wiki.
- Create new page
- Recent Changes
- Edit Open Graph
- Clear page cache
- Clear comments cache
- File Manager
- Page Manager
- Wiki Templates
- Comments Approval
- Wiki Settings
- Wiki Manager
Rotten Vale is a Location in Monster Hunter World (MHW). Different areas of the game have a different look and feel, map and special unique monsters that spawn within them.
Rotten Vale is a poisonous and hazardous area of The New World. Bones and corpses pile up, generating toxic fumes that are extremely harmful to Hunters and render even docile Monsters aggressive, and an entire ecosystem revolving around decomposition. Venture into the depths of the Rotten Vale in your journey to unravel the mysteries of the Elder Crossing.
Rotten Vale Quests
There are several quests that take you to this destination:
- Completing ?quest? unlock a shortcut between sector 2 and 10
- Endemic Life Researcher asks the player to capture 5 Scavantula
- Piscine Researcher asks the player to catch a Goldenfish
- Lynian Researcher asks the player to find the Grymalkines Camp
Rotten Vale Monsters
The Monsters that inhabit the Rotten Vale are:
Small Monsters in Rotten Vale
Large Monsters in Rotten Vale
- Acidic Glavenus
- Savage Deviljho
- Fulgur Anjanath
- Great Girros
- Ruiner Nergigante
- Ebony Odogaron
- Blackveil Vaal Hazak
Rotten Vale Hazards & Materials
You will find the following Items & Materials for harvesting in this area:
- When the area is "Upsurge: Ancient Fossils", can harvest the Wicked Fossil in sector 1
- When the area is "Upsurge: Crimson Fruits", can harvest the Heavenberry in sector 10
- Elysian Fruit
- Forgotten Fossil
- Sturdy Bone
- Warped Bone
You will find the following Hazards :
- Effluvium (sectors 6, 7, 8, 9) - slowly depletes Health
- Acid water (sectors 12, 14, 16) - quickly depletes Health
- Poisoncup (sector 6)
- Vine Trap (sector 3)
- Sporepuff (sector 8)
- Wiggly Litchi (sector 10)
- Vitalily (sector 12)
- Paratoad (sector 10)
- Flashfly (sector 6)
Rotten Vale Screenshots & Videos
Screenshots and images of this area, as well as location videos go here.
Rotten Vale Location Map
Rotten Veil Trivia
- A good portion of the Vale explored by the player is composed of the skeletons of two extinct monsters that are said to be related to Dalamadur. One of their skulls can be seen in the top Rotten Vale, and in the map. The upper levels of the Veil are made out of the skeleton, and the skull is visible from the entrance of the area 1 basecamp, looming above area 4.
- An intact Rathian and partially intact Diablos can be found in area 6. They cannot be carved and are merely part of the environment.
- Occasionally, faint unidentified monster growls can be heard in area 16, despite there being no monsters around.
Monster Hunter World Locations & Areas
Ancient Forest ♦ Astera ♦ Canteen ♦ Castle Schrade ♦ Caverns of El Dorado ♦ Confluence of Fates ♦ Coral Highlands ♦ Elder's Recess ♦ Everstream ♦ Great Ravine ♦ Guiding Lands ♦ Hoarfrost Reach ♦ Origin Isle ♦ Research Base ♦ Seliana Supply Cache ♦ Smithy ♦ Special Arena ♦ The Gathering Hub ♦ Wildspire Waste
ah yes, valley of defilement
There's another giant (Dalamadur?) skull in the bottom of the zone too just outside Vaal Hazak's lair, forming the wall to the right of the acid pond he walks out of.
umm is there a chance of a rathian spawning in the vale or is it a glitch i saw one on my vaal hazak quest like a alive rathian
The quest to get access to zone 10 from zone 2 requires you to talk to the head researcher, once you have access to the quest "Into the Bowels of the Vale" you should have access to the shortcut.
Radabaan sleeps in dalamadur's mouth
Ah mean, area 1 and 4 at the cliff.
Good question, so if you see an opening in the higher levels of the rotten vale between area 3 and 4 at the cliff, It leads you to area 10.
in the game it gives you a mission to explore the vale and i cant seem to get to the lower levels such as ten, is there any other way down?
In elders recess you have to drink a cool drink so you will not be hurt by the heat, is there someway to not be hurt by the gas without avoiding it?
i always thought all the bones were just random till my sister told me what the big ass skull was from, and i found the diablos on my own literally caught me so off guard, i just saw the familiar horns and i was like 'wtf??' thus beginning my hunt for more monster bits. i havent seen the rathian, so at least i have something else to do there (also me me big ***** baby, the first time i was in the rotten vale, i was so scared cause of all the nasty ambiance lmaoo)
Kinda grosses me out, thinking about how that Dalamadur was just rotting there for a while. Like at some point that thing had flesh on it, and now it doesn't, s o- Couldn't stop thinking about that when I got a good look at the skull and saw all the drippy nastiness, but h e y
Went on a break from playing DarkSouls, picked up MHW and what do I find? Another frickin Blight Town.
I've seen this twice now, so I know I'm not imagining it: While on High Rank expeditions in the Rotten Vale, when Odogaron was heading for his secret shortcut to his den, he was suddenly accompanied by a small, black dragon creature with wings folded, crawling on four short legs. It's hard to see detail, but it looks like Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon. The second time I saw it, I was using a bow, and I was able to shoot it a few times, but my arrows passed through it without damaging it. After it goes through the passage with Odogaron, it can't be found again. Has anyone else seen this? What is it? It looks nothing like any other monster I've encountered. This is prior to XenoJiva.
THEY DID NOT PUT DEVILJHO ON HERE does here go to the rotten vale?
ITS A DALAMADUR!!
Use the girros coil because it has effluvia expert which prevent effluvium damage. :)
Area 16 is where the Vaal Hazak lives.
How the heck do I get to area 16?
the parts of the vale you explore is the skeleton of an adult dalamadur
You can hear the whales singing in the vale
say?? is there a way to get like a gas mask for these fumes?
Please, Capcom. Nerscylla would fit perfectly here!
If they add Dalamadur, then it's probably just beyond area 16, hence the strange noises
There are way too few monster that live hear... Dalamadur should be there!
Go down to Area 14, and you'll find what I think is a smaller Dalamadur skull/mouth connected to the ceiling.
Saw a tail bone that looked very much like a Ceadeus tail here. Dunno how the big beardo would get here, but he is an elder dragon, so maybe?
Has anyone else noticed the blue glowing slime/bone balls behind the vines in area 12? They reminded me of Nakarkos' glowing.
in the rotten vale the is the dead god the giant snake from the other mh games and how you can see on the map it his head of the side and you can see his ribs in the poison waters and other huge monsters from other mh games.
thanks fallenangel700, i can finally upgrade my weapon.
need help. I can no longer buy or upgrade my weapon ever since i went to rotting vale. Shop is gone, or maybe i cant find it? need some help! my weapon gettting weak. Or is this supposed to happen?
never seen a Legiana here just rotting corpses of one, saw a Odogaron drag it back to its nest
Hmmmm.... i seem to be stuck here
- Hunters Online
- Recent Changes +
- File Manager +
- Page Manager +
- Create Wiki +
- ⇈ Back to top ⇈